Anyone had experience with losing weight?

Awesome, thanks for drawing up a list of meals and examples. I might print that off and do my weekly shop around it. I'm not sure what he eats at work but at the mo I think all he has is a sandwich and at night a salad.

no problem.

theac had some good points too. soda is a killer!!!

but also, if ya man's only eating a sandwich at lunch and a salad at night? sure, he thinks he's doing right by eating less, when in actuality the fact that he's not eating that much is making his body hold on to what reserves it has. that's why you eat so often. increases your metabolism.

and yes, starchy carbs=potatoes, pasta, rice.

also.. try and eat whole grain as opposed to white rice, bread, pasta, etc.

LOT of sugar in white foods. LOL

some resistance training might not be bad either. try and find some used weights somewhere if you don't want to join a gym. I could (as could many folks on here) give you a circuit to do 3 times a week for 30 min that would help you see results in a month. like a set of 5, 10, and 20 lb dumbbells if you've never lifted at all.

polo, what's the difference betw squash and racquetball?

squash is played with a softish ball with a dull bounce, racquetball is played with a hard ball. bit odd to get used to the physics of the ball if you've played tennis etc. before, but it's such a fun game.

I have a difficult time giving up soda. I tried no soda at all and I kept messing that up. So now its I can have soda when I go out for dinner. OR I can have organic soda. Organic rootbeer is nummy.

no problem.

theac had some good points too. soda is a killer!!!

but also, if ya man's only eating a sandwich at lunch and a salad at night? sure, he thinks he's doing right by eating less, when in actuality the fact that he's not eating that much is making his body hold on to what reserves it has. that's why you eat so often. increases your metabolism.

I notice how many calories are in pop cans actually and I think he has a small bottle of coke a day, which is mad sugars. I'm gonna get onto the small snacks thing, it might be hard seeing as we don't really do breakfast but I will try my hardest. Thanks for such good advice :)

No way, not when we're both heavy smokers. All it takes is a walk up some stairs to get our hearts pumping. :p And actually I think you'll find that table tennis is a very good way to exercise.
i agree. it can be once you're good enough to have to run the table. do you two have a ping pong table you can use? I say the biggest need at this point is exercise since you said you're doing well in the eating department.

Start with something like ping pong that is mildly active and fun so you get used to setting the time aside for exercise. if you eventually ramp up to running or biking it'll be easier.

Hi guys,

So I was wondering if any of you have ever lost a fair amount of weight and how easy it was, what methods you used etc? I'm not overweight but my partner is and I'm trying to motivate him to lose around 20kgs. We don't really eat very much and what we do eat is healthy. Any tips on how to lose weight easily?

Fanks!

Losing weight is never easy. Your body will fight you every step of the way. (Or his, I should say) It takes a significant amount of effort to lose even a single pound.

I lost 45 pounds several years ago, over the course of about 4 months. I consumed homemade nutrient shakes and rode a recumbant bike machine for at least an hour a night, usually two. I'd stretch, do a little free weights to get my blood pumping, and then put on headphones and zone out to music while cycling. I worked out whether I wanted to or not, with absolutely no excuses. I've never been as ripped as I was back then. Coincidentally (or not) I became a dad shortly thereafter.

His body will adapt pretty quickly, and whatever pain he feels the first few sessions will be replaced by energy. Soon he'll be breezing through two hour sessions, and his heart will thank him. Cardio does a body good.

i agree. it can be once you're good enough to have to run the table. do you two have a ping pong table you can use? I say the biggest need at this point is exercise since you said you're doing well in the eating department.

Start with something like ping pong that is mildly active and fun so you get used to setting the time aside for exercise. if you eventually ramp up to running or biking it'll be easier.

We might have access to one, some friends of ours have one in an ex-factory they own. I'll get onto that too. :)

if you're vomitting at the end of a 2000 metre sprint in the boat you're doing it right.

only way to show them the thunder.

I have a sister who's been getting great results with weight watchers as well.

I keep gaining and losing about 25 pounds every year, but hopefully, I've got that under control now.