Anyone had experience with losing weight?

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,432
Hi guys,

So I was wondering if any of you have ever lost a fair amount of weight and how easy it was, what methods you used etc? I'm not overweight but my partner is and I'm trying to motivate him to lose around 20kgs. We don't really eat very much and what we do eat is healthy. Any tips on how to lose weight easily?

Fanks!

Hi guys,

So I was wondering if any of you have ever lost a fair amount of weight and how easy it was, what methods you used etc? I'm not overweight but my partner is and I'm trying to motivate him to lose around 20kgs. We don't really eat very much and what we do eat is healthy. Any tips on how to lose weight easily?

Fanks!

Calling OWK to the thread.

it's not how much you eat, it's what you eat.

simplest rule is calorific intake < calorific burn. you're aiming for 2000 calories per day intake, anything less and you'll start to burn muscle and that will look silly.

easiest way to lose weight is minimal impact cardio like spin class, also a good start is swimming. keeping active overall and a decent diet will work wonders. sleeping well and snacking rather than huge meals is another decent tip.

i'd recommend team sports over gym, then you have people to drive you to going each time.

also don't try and change a man.

sounds like you're caring and all but yeah, bad move. let him want to do it for himself.

Actually this is my problem. Since I started on the straight and narrow my metabolism actually works and now I've put on about 10kgs in the past year. I look healthy and all but it's still a bit strange having noticeable body fat.

Yeah youre a skinny little stick anyways.
When you get cellulite on your forehead is when you need to worry.

Well I know a girl at work who lost 40 lbs with weight watchers. She's kept it off so far. I personally am not a fan of being concerned about actual weight, I would be more concerned about how you look / feel. I liked that You! On a Diet book. It was easy to understand. I've lost 2 inches on my waist since I started working out regularly. I know its not a lot but it is to me :)

5-6 small meals a day.

Keep simple carbs to a minimum except for imeediatly before and after a workout.

High fiber, high protein, high healthy fats.

Well I know a girl at work who lost 40 lbs with weight watchers. She's kept it off so far. I personally am not a fan of being concerned about actual weight, I would be more concerned about how you look / feel. I liked that You! On a Diet book. It was easy to understand. I've lost 2 inches on my waist since I started working out regularly. I know its not a lot but it is to me :)

before, after and in between pictures please.

or at least a promise in the future..

He does want to do it. He doesn't really like his body so much anymore and going up in sizes all the time is quite depressing. I think he just lacks motivation.

local team sport of any kind should do the trick for motivation. rugby is always a goodun and my own personal favourite.

if he's especially dedicated rowing is always a fantastic option.

This is where I get confused, what constitutes as a "small meal"? Does a snack like a cereal bar count, or a sandwich?

Baked potato and Chicken/Tuna/Meat etc.

Don't bother with Pasta.

Sandwiches and snack bars are good in betweens.

Starting exercising with him. Even if it's nothing but long walks.

I think I'm going to start going somewhere to play some sport with him maybe once a week, it's just quite hard to fit in with work and housework and also there's nowhere very close where we can actually do badminton or anything fun. I think that's the reason we've not been doing any exercise really.

I think I'm going to start going somewhere to play some sport with him maybe once a week, it's just quite hard to fit in with work and housework and also there's nowhere very close where we can actually do badminton or anything fun. I think that's the reason we've not been doing any exercise really.

badminton is as close to exercise as ping pong :p