Anyone had experience with losing weight?

you really need to eat breakfast. it tells your body, hey, let's get working here. seriously.

also, and I haven't seen it mentioned. LOTS of water. I read somewhere that a gallon of water a day will shed a pound a month even if you make NO other changes.

and 'Casmo lost all the weight so he could court my wife. :mad:

LOTS of water. I read somewhere that a gallon of water a day will shed a pound a month even if you make NO other changes.
I think you're confusing the study mentioned here : http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2006-10-24-water-diet_x.htm

Its not that drinking water helps you lose weight, its replacing sugar drinks with water helps you lose weight. Additional water without doing something to change your metabolism just makes you pee a lot.

I think you're confusing the study mentioned here : http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2006-10-24-water-diet_x.htm

Its not that drinking water helps you lose weight, its replacing sugar drinks with water helps you lose weight. Additional water without doing something to change your metabolism just makes you pee a lot.
there's more to it than just that. i also eat less when i drink more water, and having to walk to the bathroom to pee and kitchen to refill more often makes a small difference.

there's more to it than just that. i also eat less when i drink more water, and having to walk to the bathroom to pee and kitchen to refill more often makes a small difference.

Hence the part about changing your metabolism. Eating less and walking more both do that. If you just drank a lot more water and did nothing different, you wouldn't lose any more weight.

btw, I can't wait to have a filtered water dispenser on my new fridge. I'm hoping it makes me drink more water. We drink a lot of gatorade, which isn't too bad, but water would be better...

Hence the part about changing your metabolism. Eating less and walking more both do that. If you just drank a lot more water and did nothing different, you wouldn't lose any more weight.
all you have to do is drink more water. the other things are effects. don't be a bitch.

all you have to do is drink more water. the other things are effects. don't be a bitch.

I'm not. The idea that more water will automatically makes you lose weight is an old wives tale. More water will only help you lose weight if you're chronically dehydrated, in which case it flushes salt from your system and rebalances your body's water weight load or if you take on increased metabolic activity. If you just sit around and drink more water that your body doesn't need, you're only flushing your kidneys for no good reason.