Any of you guys go to the doctor regularly? I don't wanna go. :(

I just found out yesterday that my dog has osteosarcoma (bone cancer). Now I get to watch my old best buddy slowly degenerate until I have to kill him. So yeah, f*ck cancer. Go to the doctor.

that sucks bru...my baby (12 1/2 year old choc lab) made it 2 1/2 years after being diagnosed with cancer...but lost the battle 3 months ago...

Nn is the equivalent of a football stadium during the special Olympics. You can't help but turbo tard when everyone else is turbo tarding. When you drive home, your brain is still in turbo tard mode. That's what that place does to you. If you ever get the chance to check it out, don't.

this is the best explanation and validation I have seen yet for NN being a form of mental illness.

Because I'm not ready to. That's why God made pain pills and anti-inflammatories.

This, people discard pets far too easily. If you can help them to be pain free, and eventually just fall asleep and never wake up again in their own home, with a comfortable bed, by a warm fire, thats never going to be worse than sitting on a cold table at a vets office, getting stabbed with a needle, and dying.

This, people discard pets far too easily. If you can help them to be pain free, and eventually just fall asleep and never wake up again in their own home, with a comfortable bed, by a warm fire, thats never going to be worse than sitting on a cold table at a vets office, getting stabbed with a needle, and dying.

I can understand that, but I also ended up watching my sister-in-law's cat suffer a siezure and die simply because she was thinking the same way.

Disagree. The animal cannot tell you when it's in pain and/or suffering. Assuming the dose of medication you're administering takes care of the issue is irresponsible. If a pet contracts a terminal disease it is better to end their suffering ASAP, not anthropomorphize them and subject them to a slow agonizing death like we do to humans with terminal illnesses.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
I can understand that, but I also ended up watching my sister-in-law's cat suffer a siezure and die simply because she was thinking the same way.

One of my cats as a kid took a long time going, and eventually passed the same way, two seizures in the middle of the night, held in my moms arms then a deep sleep until she stopped breathing.

It was hard at the end, but having those happy, warm, last few days had to be worth some comfort.

Disagree. The animal cannot tell you when it's in pain and/or suffering. Assuming the dose of medication you're administering takes care of the issue is irresponsible. If a pet contracts a terminal disease it is better to end their suffering ASAP, not anthropomorphize them and subject them to a slow agonizing death like we do to humans with terminal illnesses.

just because they cant talk, doesnt mean you cant tell. Animals cry out in pain like everything else, or flinch when you touch a painful spot, etc.

But ending their suffering in this manner is actually enabling the anthropomorphization that you are against.

Let things die as they die. Mercy killings should only apply if there is a grevious wound and the end is within minutes, hours on the outside. Like, say, if you were disembowled by a puma and it ate half your entrails yet still you live kind of thing.

Even then, that one dude in hong kong... cut right in half. Left on the street to bleed out. Still alive this day....

When it comes time to, I will. But he isn't at that point yet. He was just diagnosed. The sunburst bone erosion just showed up on his leg x-ray. He's limping (which is why we x-rayed it in the first place), but it's still early.

My options are to amputate the limb and put him on chemo until he dies (a cruel, ironic treatment for a retired greyhound), or just let him live in peace at home until it's obvious it is time to move on. I can't take him leaving yet. I'm just not ready.

20110804.gif