Ontopic Alcohol Blog - Post when you're drinking!

The proper temp for good beer is the same as a root cellar. ~55-58f.
This is how you test how well you like beer and how good a beer you have. But I'll enjoy a PBR at room temperature regardless. I'd rather have it room temperature than too cold anyway.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Ive seen people swallow glass. They were fine.
Bleach is really not good for drinking though.
Apparently people give bleach to their dogs when they get certain illnesses. That's what I've heard from a lot of rednecks around here. No idea what it's for but it sounds fucking stupid.

Apparently people give bleach to their dogs when they get certain illnesses. That's what I've heard from a lot of rednecks around here. No idea what it's for but it sounds fucking stupid.
Not stupid, an actual thing. Theres a diluted solution you make up to induce vomiting if your dog has eaten poisonous items within a certain time frame, avoids trips to the vets and organ damage in the long run.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Not stupid, an actual thing. Theres a diluted solution you make up to induce vomiting if your dog has eaten poisonous items within a certain time frame, avoids trips to the vets and organ damage in the long run.
Diluting it sounds fine. Full strength sounds like it could cause immediate damage which is what I assume people mean since I've never heard about the dilution part. But my dog just eats grass to throw up.

Diluting it sounds fine. Full strength sounds like it could cause immediate damage which is what I assume people mean since I've never heard about the dilution part. But my dog just eats grass to throw up.
Dogs eat grass when their digestion is a bit funny, when your dog eats kgs of dark chocolate or some seriously poisonous stuff that could kill them its quite right to get the diluted bleach recipe out in time to force vomiting.

Desperate times this Monday in the household. Shops closed. The only booze we could muster in the house was a 4% bottle of Bucks Fizz that my nan thought she was kind donating to the women I work with at Christmas. Considering most of them are alcohol or drug depdlendent I made the decision to take that out of her donation parcel. I knew it would come in handy some day or another.

Praying brewdog arrives tomorrow...