Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which pic? Didn't see anything obviously broken.

I'm looking at the pic wrong then.

Looks like the red is missing material compared to green.

zB2PMTxl.jpg

Bearing are shot, sure, but that's not a deal breaker if the crank is OK.

Like J said, new bearings, plastiguage, there's still hope.

I'm looking at the pic wrong then.

Looks like the red is missing material compared to green.

View attachment 5318

Bearing are shot, sure, but that's not a deal breaker if the crank is OK.

Like J said, new bearings, plastiguage, there's still hope.
Nah, that's normal. Should see something similar on the #1 piston offset, but it may be on the opposite side of the throw.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Added pics of the upper bearings of this. Interesting in the upper bearings look great except for the ends.

This gonna depend on how temporary is temporary I guess. At some point you'll be deep enough into it you may as well just do it all and make this one your new bottom end.

This gonna depend on how temporary is temporary I guess. At some point you'll be deep enough into it you may as well just do it all and make this one your new bottom end.
Nah, forged rods are the only thing this has that I'd keep on the bottom end. Cast crank, crappy pistons, stock cam. No thanks.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I don't know then.

If this one ran before it was pulled, didn't knock or burn large quantities of oil, I might be tempted to limp it along IF you're gonna do your other one in some decent amount of time. Not do it a piece at a time over 6 months or something.

Easier to say that before seeing the bearings tho.

I assume the cooling jackets are cleaned out as best as can be.

New bearings, couple seals, head and a few other gaskets could put it on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.