Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
My '03 GTI still has the factory battery.

Shoulda bought an OEM one.
You're also in a slightly different climate than I am.

However, I bought a battery from Advance Auto, whose batteries are manufactured by Johnson Controls ( :fly: ), which also manufactures Nissan's OEM batteries. They might be the same, they might not be, but I'm happy either way.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I didn't actually check service records to see if they'd been done but I went ahead and changed diff + trans oils

IMG_20181110_103324.jpg

Nasty.

IMG_20181110_104056.jpg

Smears on the box aren't even 50% of what I wiped off of the drain plug

IMG_20181110_105046.jpg

transmission not as bad

MVIMG_20181110_113211.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I didn't actually check service records to see if they'd been done but I went ahead and changed diff + trans oils

View attachment 5390

Nasty.

View attachment 5389

Smears on the box aren't even 50% of what I wiped off of the drain plug

View attachment 5388

transmission not as bad

View attachment 5387
FWIW, all the 350Z guys I'm friends with swear by Redline MT90, not Motul.

But maybe it's just because Z owners are cheap fuckers? I dunno. MT90 made the grind between 3rd and 4th go away in my Z32, so it's in the Datsun and the GTO too.

It's not easy to research what's good and what isn't - - vaaaaaaaaast majority of owners are millennial retards.

Price diff between Motul and Redline is negligible, (motul might have even been more expensive!) it's just what I put into the MR2 Spyder before I sold it back.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
The kid came by tonight and in a shocking display of gumption, stabbed the transmission. I had to go to work coaching, but he'd almost nailed it by the time I got back.

Tagged the car with "no oil/no gear oil", so that we don't do something stupid down the road.

I think there might be hope for it leaving my fuckin' yard soon.

The kid came by tonight and in a shocking display of gumption, stabbed the transmission. I had to go to work coaching, but he'd almost nailed it by the time I got back.

Tagged the car with "no oil/no gear oil", so that we don't do something stupid down the road.

I think there might be hope for it leaving my fuckin' yard soon.
This is so cool of you to do, these kinds of things change the course of people's lives. 💙

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
This is so cool of you to do, these kinds of things change the course of people's lives. 💙

Yup.

Stab enough transmissions laying in the driveway and you'll be motivated to get some education. At least enough to avail yourself of the facilities found in an actual shop if not the ability to just pay someone else to do it all together.

Yup.

Stab enough transmissions laying in the driveway and you'll be motivated to get some education. At least enough to avail yourself of the facilities found in an actual shop if not the ability to just pay someone else to do it all together.
I dunno, I'm educated to fuck and back but I still enjoy playing in the dirt.

That sucks. Wasted weekend.
Eh, Dad is coming down for the Lake Shipp meet, its typically the second largest old boat guy meet in the US, but that still leaves Sunday.

Reminds me, though.
@APRIL @fly @Ledboots @Duke

Lake Shipp antique outboard meet this weekend. I usually get there 10ish. If you are interested in meeting me there let me know and I'll find you a boat ride or two with a couple guys I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.