Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can install it easily enough go for it. Let him know how you feel about it. Sometimes people just need to catch a break.
Yeah, I went this direction. Fuckin' thing's got enough wrong with it otherwise that I felt bad just horkin' it out of the garage.

I've got maybe another hour's worth of work to get it back to how it was before but running (unless he fried the ECU or the igniter).

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
@Mr. Asa I have a bolt question.

I need to make a cable that goes from the alternator to the starter. To do so, I need to pick up some ring terminals that fit the posts on both the alt and the starter. The alternator has a bolt with a 10mm head on it. The starter has a post with a 12mm (outside size) nut on it. I can't seem to find the size of the posts that go to those sizes.

Can you help?

If I'm reading that correctly, you need the ring to go over the stud and be clamped by the respective 10 and 12mm nuts?

Look up the bolt size that typically goes with a 10 or 12mm bolt and check like that? IE: 1/4-20 bolt typically takes a 7/16 wrench, so if I had a 7/16 bolt I would see if I could run a 1/4" drill through the ring, then put that on the stud.

Honestly I'd probably just put calipers on it before I did that, though.

If I'm reading that correctly, you need the ring to go over the stud and be clamped by the respective 10 and 12mm nuts?

Look up the bolt size that typically goes with a 10 or 12mm bolt and check like that? IE: 1/4-20 bolt typically takes a 7/16 wrench, so if I had a 7/16 bolt I would see if I could run a 1/4" drill through the ring, then put that on the stud.

Honestly I'd probably just put calipers on it before I did that, though.
Right. But I'm at work and was hoping to pick up the terminals on my way home, though.

I can't find anything that specifies the size of the stud that goes to a 12mm (flat to flat) nut. All the sources online skip from 11 straight to 13 for some reason.

Right. But I'm at work and was hoping to pick up the terminals on my way home, though.

I can't find anything that specifies the size of the stud that goes to a 12mm (flat to flat) nut. All the sources online skip from 11 straight to 13 for some reason.
Ahh.
Fuck.

@gee, you're in a communist country that uses the wrong measurement standard, know what size bolt a 12mm head is?

Also, jenkum, is the nut a normal nut? Proper ratio of hole to edge? Making sure it isn't a weird nut to fit the part with clearance

Ahh.
Fuck.

@gee, you're in a communist country that uses the wrong measurement standard, know what size bolt a 12mm head is?

Also, jenkum, is the nut a normal nut? Proper ratio of hole to edge? Making sure it isn't a weird nut to fit the part with clearance
It's a normal nut. At least, it looks normal sized to me.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
Status
Not open for further replies.