Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, the skyline starts.

Had to pull the plugs out because somehow he had filled #6 with gas, and now the front of my garage is covered in gas from blowing it out with the starter.

But, it starts and it runs. #3 has a slight misfire, which I'm going to assume is the coilpack, as the plug looked fine when I pulled it out.

I need to find a new battery terminal, because the one on the battery cable I had is too big. Hopefully I can find a replacement that's the strap type like the old one.

Then fill and bleed the clutch and get it the fuck out of my garage.

170921446image000000.jpg
Gulf livery all the things!

Yay. Waiting for AAA to come tow my car away.
Damn thing has been working fine. No signs of trouble. No symptoms of any kind. Went out to make a quick run last night and boom. Something electrical caused my car to basically have a seizure. Starter won't start, and every gauge and dial acts in a manner they never have before. I hear a loud draw as I first put the key in, like the fuel pump is powering up in overdrive. turn the key, all goes dark, and just a click click.

New battery, get's it's regular service. Just had it in last month and a full review showed everything fine.

le sigh.

Looks like the alternator. AAA came out jumped it. Started. Good. Drive around block. Come back turn off. Same thing. Driving to service place now.

Found in the skyline's radiator...
21931076_10155361016439342_2096136720_o (1).jpg

I think it was running tap water for coolant.

Whatever. I've just got to sort out the clutch hydraulics and then it'll be fuckin' gone.

So we're officially on vacation. Drove from Halifax to Levis, Quebec on the first leg of our journey and made it, somehow.

Just outside of Edmunston NB, I lost my alternator and power steering. Figured the car threw a belt, so I limped 2km to a gas station and pulled in. Opened the hood... nope, not the belt (which was still there, and in perfect shape)... the belt tensioner had shit itself. Bearing was fine but the swivel part exploded apart.

After standing in front of the car, thinking well shit it's a friday and we're fucked, calling auto parts places looking for another tensioner, finding out the nearest VW/Audi dealership couldn't have one until Tuesday... a few locals started stopping to help. One was a retired farmer called Reg, who had just come back from fixing someone's tractor and had some tools. I got the tensioner out of the car using his tools and sized up what happened... and he said "let's go to my garage, we'll get this thing going"

I can barely speak any french, and he can barely speak any english, but we had a pretty good laugh figuring out how to talk to each other and coming up with something. We bent a piece of steel bar scrap in a vice, and drilled a couple of holes in it:

3OepBHMh.jpg

And 300km later, it's holding up great.

YLJBmFCh.jpg

Has to last 400km until we make it to Ottawa.

So we're officially on vacation. Drove from Halifax to Levis, Quebec on the first leg of our journey and made it, somehow.

Just outside of Edmunston NB, I lost my alternator and power steering. Figured the car threw a belt, so I limped 2km to a gas station and pulled in. Opened the hood... nope, not the belt (which was still there, and in perfect shape)... the belt tensioner had shit itself. Bearing was fine but the swivel part exploded apart.

After standing in front of the car, thinking well shit it's a friday and we're fucked, calling auto parts places looking for another tensioner, finding out the nearest VW/Audi dealership couldn't have one until Tuesday... a few locals started stopping to help. One was a retired farmer called Reg, who had just come back from fixing someone's tractor and had some tools. I got the tensioner out of the car using his tools and sized up what happened... and he said "let's go to my garage, we'll get this thing going"

I can barely speak any french, and he can barely speak any english, but we had a pretty good laugh figuring out how to talk to each other and coming up with something. We bent a piece of steel bar scrap in a vice, and drilled a couple of holes in it:

3OepBHMh.jpg

YLJBmFCh.jpg

Omg I love Reg!

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer

3OepBHMh.jpg

YLJBmFCh.jpg

That's a good fucking story.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots

3OepBHMh.jpg

YLJBmFCh.jpg

Canada is amazing

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.