Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to give a shout out and a fuck you to Audi, for making a car it's impossible to do an oil change on without making a goddamn mess.

"Lets stick an oil cooler between the block and the filter, that drains a bunch of oil everywhere when you take out the filter. Oh, and put 10,000 things directly under the oil filter so the drained oil will run down the power steering hose, down the AC hose, down the driver's side CV joint, down the lower control arm, etc... and cover a 2x2 foot patch of your driveway with oil. Hope you've got a big bag of rags!"

On the upside, the car's got a nice coating of oil underneath, which might provide some corrosion protection.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I just have to give a shout out and a fuck you to Audi, for making a car it's impossible to do an oil change on without making a goddamn mess.

"Lets stick an oil cooler between the block and the filter, that drains a bunch of oil everywhere when you take out the filter. Oh, and put 10,000 things directly under the oil filter so the drained oil will run down the power steering hose, down the AC hose, down the driver's side CV joint, down the lower control arm, etc... and cover a 2x2 foot patch of your driveway with oil. Hope you've got a big bag of rags!"

On the upside, the car's got a nice coating of oil underneath, which might provide some corrosion protection.
Aren't you supposed to use a vacuum to drain kraut wagons before you swap out the filter?

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
So the VW logo fell off the engine cover of the GTI, fell down behind the engine and melted onto the exhaust manifold.

And fuck it stinks. Got a bunch of it scraped off but I'm gonna have to wait for it to burn off pretty much.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Ugh, I have a guy's Skyline R32 in my garage, been there since Wednesday. It's needing a new wiring harness. I was expecting him to actually come and work on it.

As such, I actually scheduled a "tech session" at my house on Saturday for the Z club, to try and get some others with the ability to turn a wrench to lend a hand.

Fucker didn't show.

If it were the first time that happened, I wouldn't be pissed, but this is the third. I'm fuckin' livid.

I think I'm going to install the thing myself and then just do a hard-pass on any other goddamned projects on his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.