Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a 1.3L engine. There are no doubts about that.
There are plenty of doubts about that, LeMans had trouble deciding how to classify the rotary when it was racing solely because of how Mazda labeled it's displacement. In the few fields where rotary engines are still raced you multiply the given dimensions by a little less than 2 in order to figure out what class it sits in.

Now for random extraneous info
That's why it's classified as a mid engine car because the engine is so small it sits behind the front wheels.
No, it's classified as a mid engine car because the engine is so small, combined with where the engine sits (there is a difference in this and in what you said). In virtually all racing it is considered advantageous to move the engine behind the front wheels. Look at the engine placement of the previous two corvette models, both are behind the front wheels, neither are considered mid-engine because they are big enough that they can only be front engine
Spange rode a number of times in both the Z06 and the RX-8 and he thought the RX handled better. So there. :p
And?
Seriously, and? Handling is one aspect of a sports car, an important one, but only one part

TL:DR - ZOMG I FLAEM YUOOOOO
WANKEL SUCKS WANKER
APEX SEALS GO OUT

Night useless thread

As I recall, each face of the rotor acts like a piston.

Regardless, I really think 1.3 is not the displacement, but how many miles you go before apex seal failure.

Doesn't retain them indefinitely, and each system is different in how long they retain them, add in the fact that the code might not trip the CEL and it can be reset after enough start/shut-down cycles and it's almost a useless system for troubleshooting.
OBDII does that too, history is only retained for so long.

Regardless, OBDI is still computer controlled and easy to access. It'll give you plenty of information to find your bad O2. Or you could back probe it as suggested, or just replace it. Wear life is 100k.

I ordered a bluetooth odbII dongle for my car. Gotta clear the CEL and the 20 buck investment will be more than worth it in the long run

Pull the negative battery cable, turn key on. Replace battery cable and enjoy no codes.

That wont clear a CEL i dont think, would clear more basic codes.

I did it once before on my car, and i had to pull 3 or 4 fuses from varying places in addition to the bat cable, and then let it sit for 20 mins.

That wont clear a CEL i dont think, would clear more basic codes.

I did it once before on my car, and i had to pull 3 or 4 fuses from varying places in addition to the bat cable, and then let it sit for 20 mins.
Pull both cables and touch them together. Going key-on without the battery connected will attempt to turn on electronics, using up any stored energy. Faster than waiting the 20 mins.

Pull both cables and touch them together. Going key-on without the battery connected will attempt to turn on electronics, using up any stored energy. Faster than waiting the 20 mins.

get out of here with your logic and reason. Ive been looking for an excuse for some time to buy the bluetooth ODB dongle from my amazon wishlist for quite some time now. You be quiet.

I ordered a bluetooth odbII dongle for my car. Gotta clear the CEL and the 20 buck investment will be more than worth it in the long run
Mine: http://www.amazon.com/VGate-ELM327-Interface-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B007PMO5VQ

Grab Torque Pro off the Android market (worth every penny) and the free Torquescan plugin to go with it.

The "Track Recorder" plugin looks like a hoot - it shoots video overlaid with boost/RPM/etc graphs from your car, I'll cobble up a ghetto car mount for my phone some day and go for a spin with it.

Mine: http://www.amazon.com/VGate-ELM327-Interface-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B007PMO5VQ

Grab Torque Pro off the Android market (worth every penny) and the free Torquescan plugin to go with it.

The "Track Recorder" plugin looks like a hoot - it shoots video overlaid with boost/RPM/etc graphs from your car, I'll cobble up a ghetto car mount for my phone some day and go for a spin with it.

I got this one

http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products...HS/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_2?tag=68656c7064757-20

no reviews on yours concerns me.

get out of here with your logic and reason. Ive been looking for an excuse for some time to buy the bluetooth ODB dongle from my amazon wishlist for quite some time now. You be quiet.
It's a $20 item. Do you really need to justify purchasing it? OBDII isn't going anywhere for a while, you'll use it.
Commodity electronics. All make same place

It's a $20 item. Do you really need to justify purchasing it? OBDII isn't going anywhere for a while, you'll use it.

Commodity electronics. All make same place

Domon's so tight, that if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in 2 weeks it would turn into a diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.