Ontopic A Thread About Butt Mustard, For Those Who Drive Automobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO FUCKING EXCITED.

Got all my parts ordered up for the suspension overhaul marathon.

Picked up a ground control coil over kit for my E30, comes with camber plates, RSM's, and koni sa shocks. I went with 440/650 spring rates, so we'll see how that works out. I am also going to be replacing EVERY suspension bushing/mount, shifter bushings & short lever, fuel tank, handbrake & cables, brake lines, calipers, guibo, and headlights. Since everything under the car is coming out I'm going to touch up the underside with some undercoat as needed.

The wife's car gets brakes (pads/rotors/slides) and shocks/struts as well.

All told it was about $3200 in parts from 5 vendors.

Going to be taking pics of the entire process.

SO FUCKING EXCITED.

Picked up a ground control coil over kit for my E30, comes with camber plates, RSM's, and koni sa shocks. I went with 440/650 spring rates, so we'll see how that works out. I am also going to be replacing EVERY suspension bushing/mount, shifter bushings & short lever, fuel tank, handbrake & cables, brake lines, calipers, guibo, and headlights. Since everything under the car is coming out I'm going to touch up the underside with some undercoat as needed.

guibo. Isn't that someone from Jersey?

Christ almighty, thats gonna take some time.
I have all the front end body parts off the Mustang, almost time for a welder, only thing I havent pulled are fenders.
I took a week off work, will be travelling to my parent's house to use their giant garage and air tools. My dad works in manufacturing so he has access to a full industrial machine shop, he already got approval to use the big presses for bushings and ball joints. His buddy is tig certified and is super excited to help with the project; he's sectioning an inch out of my front strut housings.
guibo. Isn't that someone from Jersey?
Aka: flex disc

Its a round piece of rubber with 6 holes in it. It is used to connect the driveshaft to the input flange on the differential.

There is also one on the steering shaft.

About the only reason I have to move to Tallahassee anymore, other than family, is that I know people that can help me do work like that
Yeah, it comes in handy having a helping hand. My wife will be helping me, she's not afraid to get filthy. She's actually excited to do the work on her car.

Yeah, it comes in handy having a helping hand. My wife will be helping me, she's not afraid to get filthy. She's actually excited to do the work on her car.

wives that arent so girly as to not to get their hands dirty and work hard are the best wives.

women who will do that are wife material.
@gee
except in gee's case, in which women who will do that are lesbians.

Last edited by a moderator:
:heart: VW.

They just did $3500 worth of bodywork on my 10 year old GTI under their corrosion warranty. New fenders, new doors and new quarter panels, all done by a good shop.

SO FUCKING EXCITED.

I'd document my project on here too, but no one cares about my car. (already been established that people are just going to laugh at it)

Status
Not open for further replies.