Ontopic A thread about board games

Lemme know how it goes. Hidden identity can be fun. Have you ever played Betrayal at House on the Hill?
Betrayal is next on my list. I haven't played it yet but hear it's great.
I've played the Thing a few times but never owned it until now. I like it, it builds on the who can you trust aspect. You have to pick team members to complete mission objectives. You might be picking an infected. You definitely need a group for it to play out right. 6 is a good start.

The Thing. 1-8 players. One player secretly starts out already infected and tries to infect others/sabotage missions. Supply cards for each mission are handed to the mission leader face down, then shuffled so you're never sure who handed you what.

Last edited:
Betrayal is next on my list. I haven't played it yet but hear it's great.
I've played the Thing a few times but never owned it until now. I like it, it builds on the who can you trust aspect. You have to pick team members to complete mission objectives. You might be picking an infected. You definitely need a group for it to play out right. 6 is a good start.

The Thing. 1-8 players. One player secretly starts out already infected and tries to infect others/sabotage missions. Supply cards for each mission are handed to the mission leader face down, then shuffled so you're never sure who handed you what.
Nice. Now that we have a board game group, I might have to pick that up.

Betrayal is cool because halfway through the game someone gets picked to be the killer. Before that, you're all on the same team.

• Gravy
Reactions: Strings
i came in here to say that i’ve never been excited about a board game in my life
I've never played anything but scrabble. Still can appreciate the energy that goes into it.

Oh I also played cards against humanity THE NIGHT MY FIANCE CHEATED ON ME.

• Sad
Reactions: fly
Just got this in the mail. Paid too much for it, but its got a 8.1 rating on Board Game Geeks, and I love social deduction games. What makes this one different is that there is actually three different teams playing. Sounds awesome, will find out on Friday!!

p6eB1xd.jpg

Just got this in the mail. Paid too much for it, but its got a 8.1 rating on Board Game Geeks, and I love social deduction games. What makes this one different is that there is actually three different teams playing. Sounds awesome, will find out on Friday!!

p6eB1xd.jpg
We get it, you have friends.

I’ve been working with my boys and one of their friends for the last couple months to invent a board game and we finally got to play test it tonight and it’s actually fun! Still some kinks to work out obviously but it’s cool seeing it all done together. I made the game board with the laser cutter and it turned out dope.

I’ve been working with my boys and one of their friends for the last couple months to invent a board game and we finally got to play test it tonight and it’s actually fun! Still some kinks to work out obviously but it’s cool seeing it all done together. I made the game board with the laser cutter and it turned out dope.
is it The Cones of Dunshire?

• Love
omg pics and stuff!

Also, while pretty expensive, there are companies that will professionally print all that shit, box and all, if you're interested. But there's a good chance you guys already know that anyway...

omg pics and stuff!

Also, while pretty expensive, there are companies that will professionally print all that shit, box and all, if you're interested. But there's a good chance you guys already know that anyway...
Oh I’m sure. We’ll see how things progress. At this point it’s pretty rudimentary and we’d need all new artwork before I spent money on professional printing. I meant to take pics while we were playing last night and forgot. I’ll take some today. We don’t have our people 3d printed yet and are just using dnd figures.

• Love
I'm waiting for my copy of The Thing: The Board game to arrive. And yes, we all know I've purchased all the expansions and miniatures that go with it.
I spend a lot of time falling down rabbit holes.
Not to be confused with The Thing, Infection at outpost 31. Which is also a pretty good game.

And I finally picked up Betrayal 3rd addition. Haven't played it yet though.
I disappeared into my basement, painting all the Zombicide miniatures I've acquired. Only recently have I become exposed to natural sunlight again.