Ontopic A thread about board games

If y'all didn't know, my board game group plays every Thursday night. We play a mix of what is on boardgamearena.com (1000% worth the $24 a year) and steam games. We have anywhere from 3 to 15 people playing with the mean being 5. If you are seriously interested in joining us, I can send you a discord invite.

The games that we usually play are:

Board Game Arena
  • 7 Wonders
  • Yahtzee
  • Alhambra
  • Stone Age
  • Terra Mystica
  • Kingdomino
  • Libertalia
  • Seasons
  • Clans of Caledonia
  • Saboteur
  • Potion Explosion
  • Lords of Xidit
  • Tokaido
  • Russian Railroads
  • Tzolk'in
  • Takenoko
  • Legendary Inventors
  • Roll for the Galaxy
  • Race for the Galaxy
  • Hanabi
  • Through the Ages
  • Innovation
  • The King's Guild
Steam
  • Root
  • Terraforming Mars
  • Viticulture
  • Wingspan
  • Scythe
Some of those take a while. How long do you play? I can't stay up till midnight.

Some of those take a while. How long do you play? I can't stay up till midnight.

We play from 66:30ish to 12ish. Some people play for one or two games. Some play for longer. It depends on the night. All those games can be played in under three hours. Most are under 2. So many of the games are much shorter because they're in a digital format. A 4-player game of 7 Wonders can easily be done in 10 minutes. A 6-player game of Scythe can be done in 3 hours.

You should definitely join us if you know how to play any of those games. Even if you don't, we can teach you.

I picked this up. A box full of blank game pieces.
The game group and I are going to explore making our own game.
Screenshot_20210503-151641_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
I picked this up. A box full of blank game pieces.
The game group and I are going to explore making our own game.
View attachment 14229
If you ever come up with something, this site is supposed to be amazing to have it officially printed.

• Love
Reactions: Strings
since its a multi-campaign game, do you have the keep the board setup between games like gloomhaven?

since its a multi-campaign game, do you have the keep the board setup between games like gloomhaven?
No, we setup it up and tear it down. That said, it does probably take about 15 minutes to setup, but it is SOOOOOO well done. The first few campaigns we played it competitively, but the last one we ended up playing co-op and I think it was even more fun - and I don't care for co-op board games.

We play with three people, but I'm sure it also plays well with two. While we've only played four different legacy games, this one is by far the best.

Played through Night of the Living Dead again. It's fun. Learning the ins and outs and flow of the game. As you can see here, Harry (dead center) is lunch meat. Surrounded at both exits in the hallway on the last turn (for the living) on the ghouls turn (not z ombies in this game) they automatically score attacks. You only get three hits, and each ghoul in the room scores a hit at the start of their turn.
Game over!
Screenshot_20211221-131852_Gallery.jpg

Not sure if I mentioned it, but @APRIL printed up a custom version of Loveletter Premium for my birthday (as the game itself goes for like $300 used at last check). Cards are awesome. Only problem is that we can't find sleeves for them.

Any ideas on custom sleeves @Strings?

Not sure if I mentioned it, but @APRIL printed up a custom version of Loveletter Premium for my birthday (as the game itself goes for like $300 used at last check). Cards are awesome. Only problem is that we can't find sleeves for them.

Any ideas on custom sleeves @Strings?

How big are the cards?
A lot of games are using mini cards these days. Like 1.5" x 2.5" , something like that.
For odd stuff I make my own sleeves from storage bags and a heat sealer.
It can be a little un uniformed but I'm getting better at it.
Otherwise I use these.
Screenshot_20211223-103433_Chrome.jpg
Seemed like a long explanation for "here buy these". Lol
Or maybe I completely misunderstood the question.