Ontopic A thread about board games

My copy of Return to Dark Tower should be shipping soon! Stoked for that one for sure!

And if you like social deduction games and can assemble at least 7 people, Feed the Kraken may be one of the best you'll ever play.

omg tell me everything.

The thing that has me the most concerned about moving is finding new people to play board games with. :lol:
Lots of pieces and moving parts. Once I get an idea of how to play I'll give you a rundown. If you play the norwegian expansion first, it can change game play in the core game. I've got that much figured out. Basically a who can you trust game.

• Love
Reactions: fly
OMG, my printing of Return to Dark Tower just shipped. This game seems AWESOME. Can't wait.

cecff04e0f35b7b9347a2c9661bcf133_original.jpg

I've been hosting a board game nights with friends every 2 weeks since our DnD campaign ended, and will soon end up exhausting the games I want to play so wondering if there have been any awesome games people would recommend that came out in the last few years? We haven't been in the board game scene since COVID and have the same games as we had for years.

I've been hosting a board game nights with friends every 2 weeks since our DnD campaign ended, and will soon end up exhausting the games I want to play so wondering if there have been any awesome games people would recommend that came out in the last few years? We haven't been in the board game scene since COVID and have the same games as we had for years.
Citadels

Don’t know when it came out but it’s a favorite around here

Any style preference? We have a *fucking blast* every time Feed the Kraken hits the table. But there are lots of people who don't like social deduction games...

Any style preference? We have a *fucking blast* every time Feed the Kraken hits the table. But there are lots of people who don't like social deduction games...
I guess more casual are good, ones where you don't have to concentrate so much and can have a chat and joke round the table rather than it being super serious and in depth. We have more complicated games but stuff like King of Tokyo or Ticket to Ride or Takenoko are good. Oh and Colt Express. Needs ti have good replayability though.

If you want to try a legacy game, I can HIGHLY recommend both Chartertone and Clank Legacy. Those might feed your DND addiction a bit, since they are story driven games.

I guess more casual are good, ones where you don't have to concentrate so much and can have a chat and joke round the table rather than it being super serious and in depth. We have more complicated games but stuff like King of Tokyo or Ticket to Ride or Takenoko are good. Oh and Colt Express. Needs ti have good replayability though.
Def look into citadels. There’s lots of interaction involved.

Def look into citadels. There’s lots of interaction involved.
Yeah, Citadels is pretty fun.

Seriously, if you're group is okay lying, Kraken is the best game we've played in a long time. And I think its manufactured over there, so likely considerably cheaper than it was for me here.

Our friend's kid ran a DND one shot for us over the last week. We were trying to rescue Santa. However, the final mage was too powerful. We all are now all dead and entombed in ice for the foreseeable future. :(
Does this mean you didn’t save Santa?