5 second rule

Do you?

• Total voters
I remember that Mythbusters tested this urban legend/"rule". If I recall, it didn't make much of a difference if it was just a second or 5 seconds, or hours. It all became covered in germs.

That said, depends on the food and the location of where it is being ate at. I usually just throw the food item away.

I was so drunk and poor at a festival once that me and a friend were walking round swooping food off the floor that people had discarded (noodles, baked potatoes etc.). Free food tastes so good.

:shifty:

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I remember that Mythbusters tested this urban legend/"rule". If I recall, it didn't make much of a difference if it was just a second or 5 seconds, or hours. It all became covered in germs.

That said, depends on the food and the location of where it is being ate at. I usually just throw the food item away.

I know they did double dipping and busted that myth. But I don't recall the 5 second rule one.

I was so drunk and poor at a festival once that me and a friend were walking round swooping food off the floor that people had discarded (noodles, baked potatoes etc.). Free food tastes so good.

:shifty:

1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg96.gif

I think the deal was the two biggest factors was how wet/sticky was the food and where did it get dropped.

if you drop a sauced up meatball on the floor in the subway, it's gonna be a lot worse than a jawbreaker falling in the same spot.

Time on floor was irrelevant.

OK, no, I wouldn't pick anything up from a public floor.

Unlesssss, it was mehbee...grass? How's that? It's nature!