WTF $5/Gallon?

Do you guys have mains gas over there? Our cities all have it from the North Sea oil fields.

Some do, some don't. I know there are places (like where my aunt and uncle live) that do not and have to have propane trucked in.

It's been in wide use in Australia for decades. I think there have been a handful of incidents in that time, so it's pretty safe. Just as safe as having a tank full of petrol in your car.

I'd have to disagree with this, albeit from a "splitting hairs" standpoint, strictly due to the "contents under pressure" difference.

Last edited:
Haha, yeah, I eyed a few properties in PA with existing wells in place.

Imagine, no electricity need at all, except for lights, and no running water except faucet and showerhead. And that could be from a water well on your property, too.

I'd have to disagree with this, albeit from a "splitting hairs" standpoint, strictly due to the "contents under pressure" difference.

So? Both will explode. Gas will burst explode and may be a bigger explosion then petrol, but once it explodes it's done. Petrol however will explode and spread fuel which will continue to burn for awhile.

There is no logic reason to feel safer with a petrol tank than a gas tank.