your desire for nekkid pics of me -let's hear about it

You wouldn't want to read up on that stuff. You wouldn't be able to enjoy eating/drinking/cleaning/bathing with all the stuff you guys currently enjoy. There are soooooo many chemicals and hormones in everything now. Theac and I have 'gone green'-er and are now shopping organic whenever possible. Last time I brought it up with JJ she said she "isn't concerned about it". Enjoy your chemicals bast! :fly:

Unfortunately the major food producers realize that they were some market share. The reason that it's unfortunate is that their reaction is not to try changing their business model to a less drug and chemical intensive one, but to instead lobby the shit out of congress to change the definition of what organic is when applied to food.

Unfortunately the major food producers realize that they were some market share. The reason that it's unfortunate is that their reaction is not to try changing their business model to a less drug and chemical intensive one, but to instead lobby the shit out of congress to change the definition of what organic is when applied to food.
Orly? I knew that the 'organic' definitions have been changed, but had no idea WHY.

Stupid lobbists. :mad:

:fly:

Altho, I understand that some producers were abusing the label and putting it on stuff that really wasn't organic. Tighter regulation on that is okeee imo.

I was just using your post as an excuse to post a quote from "Snatch." :D

But yea, I know there's tons of stuff in it now. I swear that's why you've got 13 year old girls now-a-days with boobs 5 times bigger than they would have had 15-20 years ago.

While I don't doubt that there are a lot of chemicals in our food, I also don't think that has anything to do with the 13 year olds. I think that is just memory and clothing. Not to mention the easy ability to get people's age wrong.

For the organic fans out there, how far do you take it? I personally have no trust or faith in most "organic" things. I also don't want to spend more than 10% more on them, either. I figure above that point "organic" simply means "customer rape."

While I don't doubt that there are a lot of chemicals in our food, I also don't think that has anything to do with the 13 year olds. I think that is just memory and clothing. Not to mention the easy ability to get people's age wrong.

For the organic fans out there, how far do you take it? I personally have no trust or faith in most "organic" things. I also don't want to spend more than 10% more on them, either. I figure above that point "organic" simply means "customer rape."

I rarely by organic stuff just cause The Fresh Market and Wild Oats are too far away from my home. Publix has some, but I guess I really don't care. I will only buy free-range eggs tho, but thats more about the chickens than me. :hs:

I rarely by organic stuff just cause The Fresh Market and Wild Oats are too far away from my home. Publix has some, but I guess I really don't care. I will only buy free-range eggs tho, but thats more about the chickens than me. :hs:

I heard an article about these so-called free range chickens. Organic food production is no less industrial or no more warm and fuzzy than other food production, it's just done (hopefully) with less chemical and drug assistance. I imagine that increased labor costs and increased risk of failure due to disease are the primary reasons for the increased price.

I'm not too worried about organic either, it would be nice to make it routine to pick it up... but it's just too expensive and inconvenient.

You sure it is about the chickens? Unless you are actually there and can see how the chickens are being treated, I wouldn't trust too much on the packaging. More than that, though, you are eating the damned chicken's eggs. Not sure any worrying about it are going to do any good at this point. :)

And to be fair, I used to be about the same way. When I finally took notice of the fact that I was paying upwards of 3 dollars for something I can get on sale for 79 cents.... well, it was hard to justify it at that point. Especially considering I eat at least a dozen eggs a week.

i hate that i can't get organic without paying almost twice the price. i simply cannot afford to be organic at this point..like taeric pointed out. i do worry about all the unnatural things that i'm pumping into my daughter's body (and my own while i'm pregnant.) i just wish there were a more cost-effecient way to get down to basics. i'd even grow a garden, but there's not a good place for one at my house. :(

You sure it is about the chickens? Unless you are actually there and can see how the chickens are being treated, I wouldn't trust too much on the packaging. More than that, though, you are eating the damned chicken's eggs. Not sure any worrying about it are going to do any good at this point. :)

Trust is really the only thing a consumer can do.

And to be fair, I used to be about the same way. When I finally took notice of the fact that I was paying upwards of 3 dollars for something I can get on sale for 79 cents.... well, it was hard to justify it at that point. Especially considering I eat at least a dozen eggs a week.

To be honest, I can't recall ever looking at a price in the supermarket. Not that Im rich by any stretch, its just that I like food and am not concerned about the price.

i hate that i can't get organic without paying almost twice the price. i simply cannot afford to be organic at this point..like taeric pointed out. i do worry about all the unnatural things that i'm pumping into my daughter's body (and my own while i'm pregnant.) i just wish there were a more cost-effecient way to get down to basics. i'd even grow a garden, but there's not a good place for one at my house. :(

Have to get rid of some of the pot plants to fit in a garden?

Trust is really the only thing a consumer can do.

Pretty much. Sucks, though, as most of the people we have to trust are the most untrustworthy people possible.

To be honest, I can't recall ever looking at a price in the supermarket. Not that Im rich by any stretch, its just that I like food and am not concerned about the price.

I don't always look at individual prices, but eggs were on sale for 79cents. Looking up at the eggs I usually buy and seeing that they are 2.99 sorta hit home hard. Especially since I was buying 3 dozen. :)

Pretty much. Sucks, though, as most of the people we have to trust are the most untrustworthy people possible.

I don't always look at individual prices, but eggs were on sale for 79cents. Looking up at the eggs I usually buy and seeing that they are 2.99 sorta hit home hard. Especially since I was buying 3 dozen. :)

you? 3 dozen? why?

Do you know what hoops companies have to jump through with the FDA to get the ability to put "100% Natural" on their labels?

Not a god damned thing.

you? 3 dozen? why?

This time was a touch on the extreme side. I owed my room mate a dozen, and I eat 2 eggs every morning. If I'm pressed for time at night, I'll have another 2. :)

And the fact that they were on sale for 79 cents didn't hurt at all. :)

No, but "organic" and "free range" are currently tightly controlled labels.

I remember hearing a story on NPR about milk or beef farmers and how the traditional cattle pirces are bottoming out. Yet the organic farmers are burning $100 bills for fun. The traditional farmer was troubled because he couldn't use any pestacides and shit on his farm for 3 years before he could get the label.