Yah for ford cuts.

why_ask_why said:
think I'm making this up? believe me, my source is good on this

Though, as much as I hate the stupid salaries we pay athletes, I'm sure more is eaten up by the management and such than the players see. So... I'm not sure what side of the labor debate this would fall on. :)

taeric said:
Though, as much as I hate the stupid salaries we pay athletes, I'm sure more is eaten up by the management and such than the players see. So... I'm not sure what side of the labor debate this would fall on. :)

you must be kidding, right? no one in the management of any team makes 10's of millions per year...the players salaries are far and away the bulk of the expense

I find it hard to believe that any stadium is losing money on anything when they charge us 8 fucking dollars for a beer. And not even a good beer, Im talking a 12oz plastic cup of bud light. And seven fifty for a fuckin hotdog.

why_ask_why said:
you must be kidding, right? no one in the management of any team makes 10's of millions per year...the players salaries are far and away the bulk of the expense
Well, except Steinbrenner. Otherwise, you're correct.

fly said:
sure they do.

Hes serious. Its not as bad as it used to be but it still has a loss. Basically as I understand it if they could ever make it to the series then there would likely be a small profit but since they never do they never get close. Other factors are how the attendance builds up during the year as well.

theacoustician said:
Well, except Steinbrenner. Otherwise, you're correct.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/salaries/2004-04-09-average-decrease_x.htm

The Yankees, who took on the largest contract in baseball history — 10 years, $252 million — when they obtained Alex Rodriguez from the Texas Rangers in February, increased their payroll from 2003's total of $152.7 million.

As owner George Steinbrenner did a TV interview before New York's home opener, fans at Yankee Stadium started chanting, "Thank you, George."

Said Rodriguez: "He puts his revenue and resources back on the field."

theacoustician said:
What are you going on about? Steinbrenner is the only management head I know of that makes a mint. All the rest of them make a surprisingly small amount of money compared to the players.

that's pure speculation...I did some searching and found nothing myself...I think the only people who truly know what he makes are george and his accountant

Ryokurin said:
Hes serious. Its not as bad as it used to be but it still has a loss. Basically as I understand it if they could ever make it to the series then there would likely be a small profit but since they never do they never get close. Other factors are how the attendance builds up during the year as well.
Continuing to run a business in the red doesn't work. How is it continuing to work for them?