Yah for ford cuts.

ChikkenNoodul said:
The worst rust I've ever seen on cars since the 70's were those early Subarus made from junk metal, second worst would be my parents' mid 70's Toyotas - but all those problems have been solved long since then.

Most modern cars are pretty well protected from salt, unlike my poor motorcycle which I need to go over with a shitload of naval jelly now :(

It's true what you say about those Subarus. I think pretty much every GL I've seen has had a skirt of jagged, rusty metal around the bottom.

Do they ever clean bus seats? I was wondering that on the way in to work today, trapped behind one in traffic. I was thinking it would be nice to save $200/month on gas but it would suck to have 50 million other peoples' ass bacteria crawling all over me.

Sarcasmo said:
Do they ever clean bus seats? I was wondering that on the way in to work today, trapped behind one in traffic. I was thinking it would be nice to save $200/month on gas but it would suck to have 50 million other peoples' ass bacteria crawling all over me.
I have ridden the train almost every day for the last two years. In that time, I have yet to get sick. Although I've been told by out of towners that our public transit system is unusually nice.

Sarcasmo said:
The bus (in Boston at least) is vastly worse than the subway, the ventilation is pathetic at best so it's either too hot or too cold depending on the time of year. It is NEVER on time, if it is it's not the right bus and they'll make you get on the one that was supposed to pick people up whenever it gets there.

And it's far more cramped than the subways in general, (the main college line is always cramped but it's mostly young people with some appreciation for hygeine). The busses on the other hand, seem to attract people of a filthier nature.

Nothing like being crammed in a metal box sitting in gridlock with 80 people wearing winter coats coughing, sneezing, and blowing their nose all around you.

ChikkenNoodul said:
The worst rust I've ever seen on cars since the 70's were those early Subarus made from junk metal, second worst would be my parents' mid 70's Toyotas - but all those problems have been solved long since then.

Most modern cars are pretty well protected from salt, unlike my poor motorcycle which I need to go over with a shitload of naval jelly now :(

lol, we had a ~'80 gl wagon new from the dealer when I was a kid...fucker rusted so bad the floor pans were gone inside 4 years :lol:

SpangeMonkee said:
yeah, people diss on MARTA here in Atlanta, but it's not so bad compared with the rest of the US.

I remember riding the train a few years ago and a few people got on that sounded like they were from NYC...one of them said, "holy shit, you could eat off these seats!" :lol:

why_ask_why said:
I remember riding the train a few years ago and a few people got on that sounded like they were from NYC...one of them said, "holy shit, you could eat off these seats!" :lol:
Well that's the problem with the Northeast subways, people DO eat off the seats :barf:

You can watch the vomit roll back and forth on the floor on Friday and Saturday nights :drool:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Well that's the problem with the Northeast subways, people DO eat off the seats :barf:

You can watch the vomit roll back and forth on the floor on Friday and Saturday nights :drool:

I think I took a piss on the T one time when I was about 16 and drunk while in boston for the weekend from boarding school...I think that may have actually made it cleaner :lol:

why_ask_why said:
I think I took a piss on the T one time when I was about 16 and drunk while in boston for the weekend from boarding school...I think that may have actually made it cleaner :lol:
Probably did :lol:

I always felt bad for the poor bastards who had a heart attack on the T and ended up on the floor waiting for the paramedics :( they might have lived were it not for all the foul waste on the ground