window = smashed

BigDov said:
When I had that much equipment in my car, I had a separate policy for it, just in case someone decided to steal it or otherwise molest it. Please tell me you have the same thing...... :(
I do have a seperate insurance rider on it all, but the total loss was still less than my dedictible even with the rider. Although, they did find a way to save me some money on my premiums. I'm now paying $300 less every 6 months. :)

smileynev said:
I'm guessing your deductible is either $250 or $500. Is it worth it for a radio and a window?
nope. they'd pay out like $65 and then jack my rates like $150 for 6 months to recoop it. Apparently they don't cover radar detectors at all.

fly said:
Exactly. Its probably in his best interest to NOT EVEN LET THE INSURANCE COMPANY KNOW
They told me not to claim it, and ended up saving me money on my insurance because i was talking to the agent. she realized that there was a discount that i qualified for but wasn't getting. she faxed me a form, i signed it and faxed it back. now i'm paying less. :)

CletusJones said:
I do have a seperate insurance rider on it all, but the total loss was still less than my dedictible even with the rider. Although, they did find a way to save me some money on my premiums. I'm now paying $300 less every 6 months. :)

nope. they'd pay out like $65 and then jack my rates like $150 for 6 months to recoop it. Apparently they don't cover radar detectors at all.

They told me not to claim it, and ended up saving me money on my insurance because i was talking to the agent. she realized that there was a discount that i qualified for but wasn't getting. she faxed me a form, i signed it and faxed it back. now i'm paying less. :)

Sounds like the thieves did you a favor.

smileynev said:
Sounds like the thieves did you a favor.
in a way, yes. HOwever, I'd have rather found out in 2 months when I went in to have a rider added on for the upcoming suspension sponsorship. Now I've got to buy another radar detector and stereo.

b_sinning said:
Odd that they didn't take your backpack. You would think they would have snatched to go through later.
++
my car was broken into once. the only thing they took was the diaper bag. :wtf: I'm assuming they didn't realize it was a diaper bag. all they made off with was some empty bottles and a change of baby clothes.

I'm sorry dude. people suck. :(

My jeep was broken into while down in Panama City beach for spring break. Stole my subs and that was it. Left about 200 CD's, a cell phone, an amp, a radio. Guess they just really wanted the subs.

bast_imret said:
My jeep was broken into while down in Panama City beach for spring break. Stole my subs and that was it. Left about 200 CD's, a cell phone, an amp, a radio. Guess they just really wanted the subs.
that's wild.

Well, I called the tinting place and it's only $189 to get all the windows tinted, including a 6" stripe on the top of the windshield. Hopefully that'll get it dark enough to where people won't be able to see in during the day to case my shit, then steal it at night.

Man that sucks. :( Poor truck. That sucks too that your your insurance won't cover it.

I just bought a new car last week. I was sort of pissed that the radio is actually BUILD into the dash. The whole front of it is one piece combined with the air conditioning controls and all that. I was mad because I can't really install a custom deck now...but I guess on the other hand, you can't really steal the thing.

CletusJones said:
in a way, yes. HOwever, I'd have rather found out in 2 months when I went in to have a rider added on for the upcoming suspension sponsorship. Now I've got to buy another radar detector and stereo.

MP3/CD player is the way to go. I love the Clarion one I bought my wife. as for the radar detector, it would be cheaper to drive slower. :)

CletusJones said:
that's wild.

Well, I called the tinting place and it's only $189 to get all the windows tinted, including a 6" stripe on the top of the windshield. Hopefully that'll get it dark enough to where people won't be able to see in during the day to case my shit, then steal it at night.
I'm sorry to hear about your stuff, that really sucks. Illinois is pretty stingy about window tinting. Cops will pull you over and give you a techical violation for having tint on your front windows.

http://www.tintdude.com/itom.html

This site shows the % allowed by state for windows. Rear and Back windows can have any % of tint, but front sides can't have any.

Further:

Vehicles
Illinois Vehicle Code
625 ILCS 5/

(c) It is unlawful for the owner or any other person knowingly to install or cause to be installed in any motor vehicle any glazing
material other than safety glazing material conforming to the specifications prescribed by the Department.
(Source: P.A. 85-1144.)

(625 ILCS 5/12-503)
Sec. 12-503. Windshields must be unobstructed and equipped with wipers.
(a) No person shall drive a motor vehicle with any sign, poster, window application, reflective material, nonreflective material or
tinted film upon the front windshield, sidewings or side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver. A nonreflective tinted
film may be used along the uppermost portion of the windshield if such material does not extend more than 6 inches down from the top of the windshield. Nothing in this Section shall create a cause of action on behalf of a buyer against a dealer or manufacturer who sells a motor vehicle with a window which is in violation of this Section.

and the one I think is really funny:

(c) No person shall drive a motor vehicle with any objects placed or suspended between the driver and the front windshield, rear window,
side wings or side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver which materially obstructs the driver's view.

So, it's technically against the law to hang stuff from your rear view mirror. Illinois is really weird when it comes to vehicle stuff.

kristchan said:
++
my car was broken into once. the only thing they took was the diaper bag. :wtf: I'm assuming they didn't realize it was a diaper bag. all they made off with was some empty bottles and a change of baby clothes.

I'm sorry dude. people suck. :(
Actually, its not. Something like that happened to me. I had a bag in the trunk that had emergency roadside stuff in it. One night, someone broke into my car, popped the trunk, dumped out the crap and stole the bag. It just so happened that also that night 8 other cars were broken into around the neighborhood. The cops said that he stole the bag simply to carry the stolen shit from other cars hit that night.

zengirl said:
and the one I think is really funny:

(c) No person shall drive a motor vehicle with any objects placed or suspended between the driver and the front windshield, rear window,
side wings or side windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver which materially obstructs the driver's view.

So, it's technically against the law to hang stuff from your rear view mirror. Illinois is really weird when it comes to vehicle stuff.

I got a ticket for that once in Michigan. :tard:

fly said:
I got a ticket for that once in Michigan. :tard:
Well, people who hang crystals, prisms and cd's from their rear views should be shot. That stuff can blind you on sunny days.

zengirl said:
Well, people who hang crystals, prisms and cd's from their rear views should be shot. That stuff can blind you on sunny days.

I've never had a problem, and CDs are hanging all over the car.

fly said:
...and how most people either never take the off or put them under seat/in glovebox.

That's why you get a cock ring and then hook a chain to the face-plate and the ring.

SpangeMonkee said:
MP3/CD player is the way to go. I love the Clarion one I bought my wife. as for the radar detector, it would be cheaper to drive slower. :)
I had an mp3 player in there before and will never go back. I had an Alpine CDA9811 but I think this time I'm going to go with an Alpine CDA-9835, because it's the new hotness from them. I've had all sorts of decks in the past and Alpine has shined above most of the other ones I've had in both sound quality and performance.

April23 said:
I've never had a problem, and CDs are hanging all over the car.
I meant people in other cars. I hate driving around only to be struck in the eye with a beam of light reflected off of a prism or something hanging from someone else's rear view mirror.