window = smashed

zengirl said:
I'm sorry to hear about your stuff, that really sucks. Illinois is pretty stingy about window tinting. Cops will pull you over and give you a techical violation for having tint on your front windows.
I know but on the south side they tend to leave you alone as long as you're not doing anything stupid. Plus, I spend a ton of time in Indiana for school and SAE, and tint is legal there. If I get stopped I'll just say that I've been broken into a bunch of times and it makes me feel safer.

zengirl said:
I meant people in other cars. I hate driving around only to be struck in the eye with a beam of light reflected off of a prism or something hanging from someone else's rear view mirror.

I was kidding.

removable face plates only really work if you can take it with you, 90% of men don't have anywhere they can put that thing. Unless your silly enough to put it in the glove compartment, then you might as well have it on....

Restless said:
removable face plates only really work if you can take it with you, 90% of men don't have anywhere they can put that thing. Unless your silly enough to put it in the glove compartment, then you might as well have it on....

It's just like taking in a cell phone.
His truck was broken into at his residence. Put it where you throw all the shit from your pockets...because I know I'm not the only one who does that.

Restless said:
Being as they didn't even take the $15 in lose change on my floor, I'm betting that just having the faceplate under the seat would have saved me this time.

CletusJones said:
Being as they didn't even take the $15 in lose change on my floor, I'm betting that just having the faceplate under the seat would have saved me this time.

Wtf...today's generation of theives are godamn lazy.

Shit man...

wr3kt said:
It's just like taking in a cell phone.
His truck was broken into at his residence. Put it where you throw all the shit from your pockets...because I know I'm not the only one who does that.
I have a speaker by my door that acts as an impromptu table for my keys/phone that it probably would have found a nice home on.

CletusJones said:
I have a speaker by my door that acts as an impromptu table for my keys/phone that it probably would have found a nice home on.

There's always next time.

wr3kt said:
Wtf...today's generation of theives are godamn lazy.

Shit man...
You're not kidding. The last vehicle I had broken into was completely gutted. they took the head unit, all my change, smokes, amps, subs, everything. Then, they put everything back together and didn't damage anything in the process. those guys were pros.

CletusJones said:
You're not kidding. The last vehicle I had broken into was completely gutted. they took the head unit, all my change, smokes, amps, subs, everything. Then, they put everything back together and didn't damage anything in the process. those guys were pros.

And they did it in less than 3 minutes while you were disposing of the body. Right?

wr3kt said:
Make sure to get a decent alarm system as well.
Do alarm systems actually do anything to deter theft? I mean, I know I laugh and then ignore car alarms when I hear them going off in my neighborhood. When one goes off in the middle of the night, I'd go so far as to say I'm annoyed by it, not alarmed that someone is getting robbed, I just assume it went off for no reason as those things are apt to do.

zengirl said:
Do alarm systems actually do anything to deter theft? I mean, I know I laugh and then ignore car alarms when I hear them going off in my neighborhood. When one goes off in the middle of the night, I'd go so far as to say I'm annoyed by it, not alarmed that someone is getting robbed, I just assume it went off for no reason as those things are apt to do.

It's a hassle.
If you were a theif, would you avoid a car you knew had an alarm and go to one that doesn't?

Thieves operate on the principle of "If I can get it easily, I'll take it".
Now...if the theif knows how to disable the alarm within a few seconds...well...you're fucked.

Moral: Don't make your car attractive to thieves.