Who remembers book orders way back in grade school

SpyderGST said:
Who remembers the first book you read yourself?

Mine was "We feed a deer."

According to my parents anyway:

pokylittlepuppy345.jpg

Was the first book I read at age 3.

But I do remember the "book fairs" and those newspaper things you would get from the teacher to fill out and bring back for glorious book savings. My parents gave me a $20 limit, and you could always get at least 15 books with that.

zengirl said:
I never got to order from there, I always wanted to but was never allowed. :(

what?! :(

my parents were big on books. If we were out shopping, and i wanted something, i could have it as long as it was a book.

My parents ordered me books sometimes or gave me cash to get books at the book fairs. I still have some of them in my attic.

We order my son books every month from school. I've read him bed time stories every day of his life. It's one of the best bonding times we get. I think my wife gets jealious. Even if someone else reads him stories he still wants me to read to him too.

i didn't get to buy many books. we frequented the library so much they knew us by face. that was the best feeling in the world...i had the freedom to pick out whatever i wanted.

KNYTE said:
Nowadays they probably have Hustler subscriptions at the 6th grade book orders.

shit, might as well...that's pretty damned tame compared to the shit they likely know how to dig up on the internet

why_ask_why said:
shit, might as well...that's pretty damned tame compared to the shit they likely know how to dig up on the internet
What?

cripple.jpg
edit: It should be obvious, but this pic is NWS.

Last edited:
ceiling fly said:
What?

cripple.jpg

i love you in the most homoerotic way possible. my dad must've screwed a parapalegic stripper in michigan a few years before the move to ohio.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Seriously, I can't imagine how much different my life could've been of I could have watched one asian chick regurgitate shrimp into another asian chick's mouth just 14 years earlier

imagine what would have become of fly or elpmis? they'd have a basement full of kidnapped men, women, children, zoo animals, barnyard animals, lichens, krill, etc..
can you imagine krill with tiny ball gags? not pretty

why_ask_why said:
imagine what would have become of fly or elpmis? they'd have a basement full of kidnapped men, women, children, zoo animals, barnyard animals, lichens, krill, etc..
can you imagine krill with tiny ball gags? not pretty
:lol: