Who remembers book orders way back in grade school

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
man i loved that feeling of when the teacher was unboxing the goods and laying them out in organized piles. I would always get a garfield comic strip book and a couple others. man that feeling of getting a new book was great. even the smell of the book was awesome. :drool:

i remember.. i just can't remember the names of the books i used to get :(

i remember 1.. Jeremy Thatcher the dragon hatcher..

i must have read it 10 times and i hated to read. Good book!!

Choose your own Adventures
Hank the Cowdog
Babysitters Club

I loved circling books I wanted out of the little paper catalog they gave out. To this day I still circle things I want out of catalogs.

shawndavid said:
Shit yeah!!!

They'd have a book fair as well. I remember picking out some books and then some shit with stickers and calendars and posters...

HAhahahahah you remember the cat hanging froma branch poster that said "Hang in there!"

The sticker books would always go first. :mad:

shawndavid said:
Shit yeah!!!

They'd have a book fair as well. I remember picking out some books and then some shit with stickers and calendars and posters...

HAhahahahah you remember the cat hanging froma branch poster that said "Hang in there!"
HAHAH who didnt have that poster!!!

chikken, it was probably scholastic. when i was a teacher a few years ago, we got those thin paper book orders. i was nostalgic every time i opened them, and every time i got the order back in the box. it was awesome, and i ordered books every time. :D

Thorn Bird said:
chikken, it was probably scholastic. when i was a teacher a few years ago, we got those thin paper book orders. i was nostalgic every time i opened them, and every time i got the order back in the box. it was awesome, and i ordered books every time. :D
Ayuh, that's the one :heart:

Ahhh, perhaps the only part about school I miss

ChikkenNoodul said:
I loved those

I liked how the Garfield books said "special school book sale" or something like that printed in tiny letters on the back cover

I had pretty much every Garfield book ever printed back then.

April23 said:
Choose your own Adventures
Hank the Cowdog
Babysitters Club

I loved circling books I wanted out of the little paper catalog they gave out. To this day I still circle things I want out of catalogs.

Choose your own Adventures were totally awesome. I had the entire series. And the Lone Wolf fantasy variants were cool too. The only hard part was using your fingers to mark 8 different book sections in case you needed to backtrack. :fly:

I just found one of my old Choose Your Own Adventure books last week! I had such a good time reading through it again. I even noticed where I marked the path I took with pencil dots back in the day.

I just read somewhere the other day that they are bringing those books back.