Where is Zen???

No pics at work :(

Awsome story that goes with them though.

A few years ago, I said to myself, "Lets get a turtle". I went to Petco and talked to the sales people there. First mistake. They sold me $140 worth of stuff and none of it was fit for owning a Red Eared Slider. Anyway, I got Franklin, $140 worth of stuff, and brought it all home.

After a few days of Franklin not eating and not moving much, I went online to see why. Turns out that RES like to swim, not sit in 2" deep water. This would never work since the tank Petco sold me was not deep enough to do anything.:mad:

I shelled out more cash and got a proper tank, and 2 more turtles, Fiona and Phoebe. I filled the tank full of water, but all of the turtles were still very lazy. I did more reading and decided to take them to the vet.

All of them had extensive shell rot. I didn't know what that was when I bought them. Fiona's was on top of her back and was treatable with a scrape out and medication. Phoebe's was bad but treatable. Franklin's however, was on his underside and right below his neck. His would require surgery. $700 we didn't have and were told the other proper option was to put him down. We were given the day to think about it.

That night, Phoebe's shell rot went septic and she died. My wife was so pissed, she spent the entire next day on the phone with Petco Corporate, cussing out anyone that would listen for selling us sick turtles and traumatizing our family with the death of one and possibly more of our new pets.

We finally got a response from Petco's Corporate VP. He instructed us that, if we chose to do so, Petco would refund all of our money for the incorrect products they sold us, Refund our vet bills, and take Franklin into their custody and get him treated, no matter what the cost.

We were reluctant but decided that it might be for the best so we agreed. Later that day, Franklin went back to the store and was placed under the personal care of an employee named Ryan. Ryan has since left Petco to open his own reptile store. He was very knowledgable and cared for Franklin like he was his own.

With the 2 surgeries, vet checkups, medicine, and employee cost to care for Franklin, Petco's cost was over $2,400. When we finally got him back 4 months later, he was completely healthy though.

And here we are 5 years later and he's loving life, except for when he first came home. We put him in the same 120gl tank with Fiona and she bit off his toe!!

They have since been separated but, everything is good.
that's an awesome story. you should work it up with more detail and some dialogue. it has all the other stuff. could be great.

also, i planted some flower seeds in my front beds. i had just built them up with cheapass topsoil because they were way down for some reason. i'm been keeping them watered, and they were plated at the right time for my climate. I have two questions:

I want to add some potting soil or peat moss on top of the topsoil for them to grow into, since the topsoil is kind of ghetto. any suggestions?

alternately, it is appropriate to put mulch down? my neighbor thinks i should by my understanding is that mulch is intended to prevent things growing, and so mulch on the bed would be a death sentence for the seeds.

the flowers in question are to be jonny jump ups, lupins and a third who's name eludes me at the moment.

chill man...no personal attacks

if this is how it went down she overstepped some boundaries because that's kinda fucked up

I don't give a fuck, he's a goddamn shitbag. I don't care what he claims went down or what people think. That whiny asshole is the biggest culprit of personal attacks and grossly overstepping bounds by dredging up shit.

He can go fuck himself.

I don't give a fuck, he's a goddamn shitbag. I don't care what he claims went down or what people think. That whiny asshole is the biggest culprit of personal attacks and grossly overstepping bounds by dredging up shit.

He can go fuck himself.

uh, that's not chill at all...knock it off or you're band...don't make it come to that, please

He can go fuck himself.

love ya man, but this is against the rules. good bye for a week.

there's some hate going on which just keeps flaring up like an infected hemorrhoid. neither of them are being dicks to each other initially, but since they expect the worst from the other it keeps becoming a big fucking deal.

now it seems the FlyNavy is stuck in the same hate vortex. Nice going. Enjoy the high blood pressure.

well at least we still have half the zen household here...

edit: well, next week we will. this is what happens when the sticky gets removed for 2 days.

i, for one, miss zengirl.

i do not care about what may or may not have happened on another forum. i do not care, although it's unfortunate, that she and another person have friction between them. that does not affect me and it's a shame it has to affect this forum. i do not agree with dredging up shit on this board that is personal between zen and another member.

i miss zengirl and i hope she's doing well.

well at least we still have half the zen household here...

edit: well, next week we will. this is what happens when the sticky gets removed for 2 days.

well buckbag what the fuck are you doing online

i do not care about what may or may not have happened on another forum. i do not care, although it's unfortunate, that she and another person have friction between them. that does not affect me and it's a shame it has to affect this forum. i do not agree with dredging up shit on this board that is personal between zen and another member.

drama is hilarious though

agreed. why does other forum drama spill over here?

especially when all the other forum is... is drama