Where is Zen???

Yeah I do! Pics pls?

No pics at work :(

Awsome story that goes with them though.

A few years ago, I said to myself, "Lets get a turtle". I went to Petco and talked to the sales people there. First mistake. They sold me $140 worth of stuff and none of it was fit for owning a Red Eared Slider. Anyway, I got Franklin, $140 worth of stuff, and brought it all home.

After a few days of Franklin not eating and not moving much, I went online to see why. Turns out that RES like to swim, not sit in 2" deep water. This would never work since the tank Petco sold me was not deep enough to do anything.:mad:

I shelled out more cash and got a proper tank, and 2 more turtles, Fiona and Phoebe. I filled the tank full of water, but all of the turtles were still very lazy. I did more reading and decided to take them to the vet.

All of them had extensive shell rot. I didn't know what that was when I bought them. Fiona's was on top of her back and was treatable with a scrape out and medication. Phoebe's was bad but treatable. Franklin's however, was on his underside and right below his neck. His would require surgery. $700 we didn't have and were told the other proper option was to put him down. We were given the day to think about it.

That night, Phoebe's shell rot went septic and she died. My wife was so pissed, she spent the entire next day on the phone with Petco Corporate, cussing out anyone that would listen for selling us sick turtles and traumatizing our family with the death of one and possibly more of our new pets.

We finally got a response from Petco's Corporate VP. He instructed us that, if we chose to do so, Petco would refund all of our money for the incorrect products they sold us, Refund our vet bills, and take Franklin into their custody and get him treated, no matter what the cost.

We were reluctant but decided that it might be for the best so we agreed. Later that day, Franklin went back to the store and was placed under the personal care of an employee named Ryan. Ryan has since left Petco to open his own reptile store. He was very knowledgable and cared for Franklin like he was his own.

With the 2 surgeries, vet checkups, medicine, and employee cost to care for Franklin, Petco's cost was over $2,400. When we finally got him back 4 months later, he was completely healthy though.

And here we are 5 years later and he's loving life, except for when he first came home. We put him in the same 120gl tank with Fiona and she bit off his toe!!

They have since been separated but, everything is good.

No pics at work :(

Awsome story that goes with them though.

A few years ago, I said to myself, "Lets get a turtle". I went to Petco and talked to the sales people there. First mistake. They sold me $140 worth of stuff and none of it was fit for owning a Red Eared Slider. Anyway, I got Franklin, $140 worth of stuff, and brought it all home.

After a few days of Franklin not eating and not moving much, I went online to see why. Turns out that RES like to swim, not sit in 2" deep water. This would never work since the tank Petco sold me was not deep enough to do anything.:mad:

I shelled out more cash and got a proper tank, and 2 more turtles, Fiona and Phoebe. I filled the tank full of water, but all of the turtles were still very lazy. I did more reading and decided to take them to the vet.

All of them had extensive shell rot. I didn't know what that was when I bought them. Fiona's was on top of her back and was treatable with a scrape out and medication. Phoebe's was bad but treatable. Franklin's however, was on his underside and right below his neck. His would require surgery. $700 we didn't have and were told the other proper option was to put him down. We were given the day to think about it.

That night, Phoebe's shell rot went septic and she died. My wife was so pissed, she spent the entire next day on the phone with Petco Corporate, cussing out anyone that would listen for selling us sick turtles and traumatizing our family with the death of one and possibly more of our new pets.

We finally got a response from Petco's Corporate VP. He instructed us that, if we chose to do so, Petco would refund all of our money for the incorrect products they sold us, Refund our vet bills, and take Franklin into their custody and get him treated, no matter what the cost.

We were reluctant but decided that it might be for the best so we agreed. Later that day, Franklin went back to the store and was placed under the personal care of an employee named Ryan. Ryan has since left Petco to open his own reptile store. He was very knowledgable and cared for Franklin like he was his own.

With the 2 surgeries, vet checkups, medicine, and employee cost to care for Franklin, Petco's cost was over $2,400. When we finally got him back 4 months later, he was completely healthy though.

And here we are 5 years later and he's loving life, except for when he first came home. We put him in the same 120gl tank with Fiona and she bit off his toe!!

They have since been separated but, everything is good.

wow, that's crazy

So anyway, Sarah got Duke demodded on a message board and now she doesn't post here anymore out of embarrassment? Or was it intentional on her part? Also, who gives a shit? It's a message board. I just want my facts straight though.