Ontopic Where are you going, where have you been?

Going to assume this isn't including states we've been to.

Been to:
Mexico (Acapulco when I was 4)

Want to go:
Ireland (look up family ancestry)
New Zealand
Switzerland (there's an observatory up in the Alps that looks awesome to visit)
Russia
Nepal

That's what comes to mind at the moment.
The Jungfrau! @fly is dying to see that too.

I have driven through:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia

Also, Kuwait, lower Ontario, and I have visited Hawaii and a couple tourist traps in Mexico

Not really any place I wouldn't want to go back to.

Of the states, I liked the Tennessee/Kentucky area and Pennsylvania for scenery (drove from DC to Pittsburgh just as the leaves were changing, gorgeous)

Travwling is very high on my list of important things. My short list consists of

Hawaii: going sept of next year
Costa Rica: my dream trip
Belize: for the snorkeling
Italy and Greece: cause Italy
Russia: would love to take the whole family back there

After that I'll add on. My goal is to live in a foreign country for a year if at all possible. It's such a good life lesson for kids.

Oh I've been to Russia, Denmark, Germany, Sweden, And Finland. Would go back to all of them. Denmark is gorgeous and the Danish's :drool:

I think my next vaca will be to Scotland near Fort William. Go up there to a cottage on my own with the dog for a week and get some real solitude. Scenery includes:

Tour%20Scotland%20by%20Car%20Fort%20William%20and%20Ben%20Nevis_690x518.jpg

caption.jpg

fw.JPG

etc. Would be some awesome walks :)

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Been to a bunch of countries in Europe (hate listing as I always forget some), Mexico and Canada. I'd love to go to Greece and Morocco but hear they aren't the best really to travel to.

I don't like flying much further than 2-3 hours without drugs so that kind of curtails things, but as long as I can drug up and go I'm good!

Oh yeah, where I would like to go:
While I wouldn't mind seeing Ireland, I don't have a lot of interest in seeing much of Europe. I wouldn't mind seeing the places in Italy and France that dad lived in, maybe go with him and follow the route he hitchhiked from Italy to Germany (driving, not hitching, dad is old.)
Maybe see some of the Nordic countries.

Beyond that, I would like to see areas off the beaten path.

The Meester almost covered it all for me.

I've been to almost all of the States, and I'd like to visit the rest just to say I've seen them all.
I've been to the Maritimes of Canuckistan, because that's where my family landed when they emigrated. I'd defintely go back to show the Meester.

Places I'd like to go:
New Zealand (for the "LOTR shit" and also the glaciers)
Japan
Greece, for the ancient civ stuff (I was an ancient Greece junkie in HS and college)
Normandy, to see where my grandfather landed on D-Day
Scotland, to golf and drink
Ireland, to golf, drink and bike
Madagascar
Costa Rica
Napa, which is happening in September :happy:

And a separate list, places I'd like to run:
China (great wall marathon)
Antarctica (yes they hold a marathon there)
Amsterdam (with all the bridges and locks and stuff it would be neat)
Greece (because Pheidippides)
Kona, HI (I'd love to go back and run the Ironman course)
Paris (marathon)
Medoc (the bestest marathon in the universe, where there is wine and cheese at every aid station)

Way to many to list where I've been but I've hit most locations in every continent minis Antartica. The past month alone I've hit Washington, Oregon, California. Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Maryland, Virgina. Places I want to hit is Antartica and Nepal.

not bothering naming states in america but i've hit at least half

1. USA - 'murica
2. argentina - lived there as a kid
3. uruguay - same as above
4. kuwait - fuck that place, hot and dry and "dry"
5. qatar - hot and dry but not "dry"
6. bahrain - [redacted]
7. afghanistan - it's beautiful except for things seem to be made of explodium for some raisin
8. england - nottingham is one of my favorite places ever because i get history lessons on 800 year old pubs from someone that was there for the grand opening
9. scotland - gorgeous scenery
10. netherlands - basically just amsterdam. i don't even know if the rest of the country exists
11. germany - frankfurt last time, this next time I'm going to berlin and cologne as well

tentatively planning on visiting/working in
1. turkey - istanbul was constantinople
2. shanghai - i applied for a job with tesla ^_^
3. iraq - if they reauthorize the ICM, i just need 30 days
4. djibouti - it ain't ya booty

would like to visit
1. australia - going to that rock has been on my bucket list since I was a little kid
2. greece - to see the ruins (ancient, not current)
3. italy - to see the ruins and visit the pope
4. japan - i hear they have $60 strawberries

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
i can send him on a satellite. No guarantee of food, or air, or life support of any kind.

He'll be kind of like spacebat.

spacebat2.jpg