Ontopic Where are you going, where have you been?

Tell us about your vacation!!

Beaufort, NC is kind of an awesome little ocean town. I had no idea how historically significant that small little patch of America is. The Queen Anne's revenge was found just offshore, Ft. Macon still stands there and it is awesome, one of the last free ranging groups of horses in America can be found on shackleford island just offshore, and the town itself is so uncanny like 'Amity' from Jaws I was expecting to see great whites munching on just about everyone in the water.

Oh, and shit tons of craft beer houses.

I need to go back.

I'm pissed I missed the hurricane by a day. That would have made this entire venture amazing.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Valve1138
Beaufort, NC is kind of an awesome little ocean town. I had no idea how historically significant that small little patch of America is. The Queen Anne's revenge was found just offshore, Ft. Macon still stands there and it is awesome, one of the last free ranging groups of horses in America can be found on shackleford island just offshore, and the town itself is so uncanny like 'Amity' from Jaws I was expecting to see great whites munching on just about everyone in the water.

Oh, and shit tons of craft beer houses.

I need to go back.

I'm pissed I missed the hurricane by a day. That would have made this entire venture amazing.

There's an island in Maryland that has a ton of wild horses. It would be nice if it weren't also overrun with mosquitoes.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke and APRIL
Oh look, depressed diva 123 has shit up another thread..

I've been to fuck all. Toronto is the furthest west I've been, New York is the furthest south I've been, Wabush is the furthest north I've been, and I've never been east of newfoundland. Set foot in 2.5 countries in my life - Canada, US and sort-of France (st. Pierre/Miquelon)

I just love exploring the fuck out of my own area. Been to every corner of the Atlantic provinces, and planning what to do in Quebec next. I don't give a shit about big cities, manmade landmarks or whatever, I'm all about scenery, odd places, roadside food, etc.

Got a ton of pictures to go through and I'll make a big update to the Newfoundland thread. Driving through Cape Breton right now.

• Gravy
Reactions: Peppers and Petunia