Ontopic Where are you going, where have you been?

Beaufort, NC is kind of an awesome little ocean town. I had no idea how historically significant that small little patch of America is. The Queen Anne's revenge was found just offshore, Ft. Macon still stands there and it is awesome, one of the last free ranging groups of horses in America can be found on shackleford island just offshore, and the town itself is so uncanny like 'Amity' from Jaws I was expecting to see great whites munching on just about everyone in the water.

Oh, and shit tons of craft beer houses.

I need to go back.

I'm pissed I missed the hurricane by a day. That would have made this entire venture amazing.
I was kinda annoyed I never got to explore most the states I went to. It would have been lovely to hang out in Charleston, Charlotte and some little places in NC.

I was kinda annoyed I never got to explore most the states I went to. It would have been lovely to hang out in Charleston, Charlotte and some little places in NC.

Until recently, I never heard of Beaufort, NC. Now I'm wondering how I didn't. There is a lot of early american history here.

Any examples? You probably said before but I missed it. I was bummed I had no time in DC and Baltimore to visit museums etc. I really need to do it all again.

Blackbeard the pirate worked these waters, and his ship 'The Queen Anne's Revenge' was found just a mile off shore. There is a huge blackbeard museum here.

There is also a lot of early american nautical history, and a few museums also here dedicated to that.

There is also Ft. Macon, a historically significant fort from the civil war. All of this within about 2 square miles of each other. Apparently, the Beaufort Inlet was a major entry point into the area through the outer banks during the sailing days.

Oh, and Camp Lejeune can also be found close by.

And Shackleford island has over 100 free ranging horses. Wild horses. Spanish mustangs who beached here from spanish wrecks centuries back that have just roamed ever since. They are now federally protected.

Blackbeard the pirate worked these waters, and his ship 'The Queen Anne's Revenge' was found just a mile off shore. There is a huge blackbeard museum here.

There is also a lot of early american nautical history, and a few museums also here dedicated to that.

There is also Ft. Macon, a historically significant fort from the civil war. All of this within about 2 square miles of each other. Apparently, the Beaufort Inlet was a major entry point into the area through the outer banks during the sailing days.

I love the sound of the Blackbeard museum :D I wouldnt mind some civil war museums but its not something Ive ever felt connection too. I was quite keen to visit the Newseum Museum in Baltimore (I think), sounded interesting.

And Shackleford island has over 100 free ranging horses. Wild horses. Spanish mustangs who beached here from spanish wrecks centuries back that have just roamed ever since. They are now federally protected.

I'm not sure Lejeune is a point of interest. That place is a pit.

I love the sound of the Blackbeard museum :D I wouldnt mind some civil war museums but its not something Ive ever felt connection too. I was quite keen to visit the Newseum Museum in Baltimore (I think), sounded interesting.

The Newseum is in DC. We really did fail to show you around, but I guess we only had nights. You should come back and we'll do the whole DC thing. It's cool.