GAY Whelp, goodbye caulk.

I shot my first IDPA match yesterday and did fairly well, I was pleased. I shot a 188 which was about middle of the pack, the lowest (it's scored like golf) was 70-something. I beat my two friends by over 100 points so all-in-all it was a good day.

I shot it with a bone-stock Glock 17, which I'm now likely to change because most of the competition had quite a bit of custom work, even in the "stock" division.

I shot my first IDPA match yesterday and did fairly well, I was pleased. I shot a 188 which was about middle of the pack, the lowest (it's scored like golf) was 70-something. I beat my two friends by over 100 points so all-in-all it was a good day.

I shot it with a bone-stock Glock 17, which I'm now likely to change because most of the competition had quite a bit of custom work, even in the "stock" division.

Is that the shit that Chris used to do?

Ghost, I shot 1 IDPA match before I started shooting long range. It was fun, I need to do more of it to brush up on my weak pistol skills. I took the dive into reloading. It's a relaxing thing to do, and I've been able to make very accurate ammo.

y7ehupam.jpg

7ane8yta.jpg
7umehyra.jpg

Ghost, I shot 1 IDPA match before I started shooting long range. It was fun, I need to do more of it to brush up on my weak pistol skills. I took the dive into reloading. It's a relaxing thing to do, and I've been able to make very accurate ammo.

y7ehupam.jpg

7ane8yta.jpg
7umehyra.jpg

Don't you live in a condo? Don't burn your high rise down.

Kick ass. Does that mean you send me boxes of handloaded .45 now?

Ha I'm only loading .308 for now. I'll load .260 later when I get a rifle set up on that caliber. I'm using a single stage press, which works best for precision ammo. To be honest I'm chasing those groups from my first session out. I think it might be in my brass prep. I bought 200 pc of lapua brass and I've been shooting to get it fireformed for my chamber. I'm still getting .4 MOA out to 630 yards, so I should not worry. Still when you shoot one hole groups like that, you want to do it again and again.

Here is my view from yesterday. 630 yards from here. Those tanks are really to big to get really precise numbers, I ended up shooting at rocks.

ahu8azem.jpg

6ahy2u9u.jpg

7arybumu.jpg

So, without reading through this entire thread.

Thinking of purchasing a handgun. No intents to CC, just to keep at home. Recommendations? It doesn't need to be too fancy, just reliable. Not interested in revolvers, though.