GAY Whelp, goodbye caulk.

I'm not, I'm saying I don't like the XD. I don't think a striker fired gun needs an external and a grip safety. That and I don't care for the bore axis of the gun.

I'm not, I'm saying I don't like the XD. I don't think a striker fired gun needs an external and a grip safety. That and I don't care for the bore axis of the gun.

That's fine. I think the 1911 is an antiquated show piece that doesn't really have a use in modern times besides competition and price tag showboating.

We all have our quirks.

It's a grip safety with a secondary trigger safety. It just ensures that to fire it you have to have a firm grip on the weapon with your finger square on the trigger.

Bore axis? Bore axis? My newbie gun buddies make comments like that. Drives me goddamn crazy. If recoil is your issue then just say so! :fly:

It's a grip safety with a secondary trigger safety. It just ensures that to fire it you have to have a firm grip on the weapon with your finger square on the trigger.

Bore axis? Bore axis? My newbie gun buddies make comments like that. Drives me goddamn crazy. If recoil is your issue then just say so! :fly:

Yeah, in a pure gun noob here. Bullets clips m4s assault rifles

All this talk of 1911s makes me want to go shoot my grandfather's issue weapon. Dad still carries it around his land in case he runs into a water moccasin or some jackass neighbor

All this talk of 1911s makes me want to go shoot my grandfather's issue weapon. Dad still carries it around his land in case he runs into a water moccasin or some jackass neighbor

Those sound interchangeable depending how close you live to the Rio Grande.

Took the new rig out to 1000 yards today. Shoots pretty well. It was a super clear day.
juhagyqe.jpg
4e5a4uvu.jpg

So the rifle from the post above is gone, I kept the stock, but I'm just spoiled on custom guns.

I woke up at 5:30 this am to drive 2 hours to my closest 1000 yard range. I got loaded up and head that way.

17Oot.jpg

I arrive, before my friends, so I figure I'm going to get my 100 yard zero, and a few groups before we get our 1000 yard DOPE.
I lay down, do some trigger practice and work on my position behind the rifle. I feel good, get ready, pull the trigger and BANG CLICK... WTF, I cycle the round, it looks like a light primer strike. So I try again and CLICK.
By this time my friends are here, and boy is it nice to have friends. We take the trigger out, look it over, adjust it etc etc. I go buy $70 worth of freaking TAP ammo, because that's all they have, and thinks this will solve my problem. Load it up and BOOM CLICK. Well derp me running. I'm two hours from home, with my ONLY chance to get dope before my Team Sniper match next weekend.
Another friend pulls up, I've already said how great that is. He says they have a shop on site, but it's "off site" So he sends me over and they work on the bolt for me. Looks like it was binding in one spot, and barely hitting the primer. They straighten and polish the firing pin, and also do some mil work on my chassis to fit my trigger better for me.
So by now It's almost 1pm. I'm angry, but so happy that after a few tries they've fixed my rifle. I already had a 100 yard zero, so I run out to 400,500,700, and 1010 yards. freaking hammer. The factory ammo I was shooting out of my Remington last week at 2500 is now pushing a solid and more expected 2630fps. The DA shoots up to 3600 when I hit 1010 yards and I'm reaching it in 10.9 mils vs 12.4 out of the AAC-SD ( both 20 inch barrels)
Okay, I have my DOPE, let's see how she groups.
5 shots .3 MOA
JMFS9.png

My groups always look like this, one lil guy pushing out of the group. I believe it's a 1 hole gun.
10 shot grop .6 MOA
fNURz.png

This could have been factory ammo or fatigue. I had been at the range for hours. Still .6 for 10 shots is perfect for me.
Then... I have 3 rounds left, and it's time to leave... but ... but I've not shot at 200 yards yet... Barrel is warm, I've just shot 15 rounds pretty quickly ( above) So I walk slowly over to the 200 yard line and look to see if any fresh targets are up. Sure enough we have a clean shoot an see.
MOTHER OF GOD .160 MOA That's out of a .308, prone, w/ a bipod in the heat w/ FACTORY AMMO IN MIL BRASS.

6ozBG.png