what the hell.

My question is why would respecting eachother be "too kumbayaish". Why is the status quo acceptable, but being respectful such an outlandish expectation? Those be some f'd up standards imo.

Respect isn't too kumbayaish. Insinuating that in order to appear that you have respect you have to act a certain way is too kumbayaish. The status quo doesn't embody disrespect, either.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I have a lot of respect for the people here, including Dysfunctional. Giving him shit and getting it in return isn't about disrespect, it's about one-upmanship and nothing more. And quite frankly it involved the two of us (and sometimes three or four) and no one else. People don't have to fight battles for other people or worry about their welfare. If he had gone to a mod and said "Sarcasmo is a cunt, tell him to stop" I'd stop. But he's a big boy, so am I, we went back and forth and then the thread got locked. In the end I learned a lot about him and my respect for him grew. It's that simple.

Fighting on a message board is just heated forensics. It takes eloquence and skill because words are all you've got. No body language, no tone of voice, just words. It's like a chess match. And he is more than capable of holding his own. Trying to turn a thread on a forum of free speech into a community event or saying "Guys, something around here is broken and it needs to be fixed" is grossly overstating things.

If a person involved asks that it stop and it doesn't stop, then bring a mod in to stop it. Not before, and only on a case by case basis. I doubt anyone here actually harbors ill will towards anyone else unless it's for something that occured in person.

Innit? I've posted pics before. :tard:

372453fc413648db.jpg
Are you standing crooked, or is your house slanted?

Respect isn't too kumbayaish. Insinuating that in order to appear that you have respect you have to act a certain way is too kumbayaish. The status quo doesn't embody disrespect, either.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I have a lot of respect for the people here, including Dysfunctional. Giving him shit and getting it in return isn't about disrespect, it's about one-upmanship and nothing more. And quite frankly it involved the two of us (and sometimes three or four) and no one else. People don't have to fight battles for other people or worry about their welfare. If he had gone to a mod and said "Sarcasmo is a cunt, tell him to stop" I'd stop. But he's a big boy, so am I, we went back and forth and then the thread got locked. In the end I learned a lot about him and my respect for him grew. It's that simple.

Fighting on a message board is just heated forensics. It takes eloquence and skill because words are all you've got. No body language, no tone of voice, just words. It's like a chess match. And he is more than capable of holding his own. Trying to turn a thread on a forum of free speech into a community event or saying "Guys, something around here is broken and it needs to be fixed" is grossly overstating things.

If a person involved asks that it stop and it doesn't stop, then bring a mod in to stop it. Not before, and only on a case by case basis. I doubt anyone here actually harbors ill will towards anyone else unless it's for something that occured in person.
I'm calling for a mod to stop this pompous whore from being such a goddamn whore. I'm sick of all the herpes.

Women folk want to turn is into a big sloppy Snickers commercial.

no body language, no tone of voice.. no glocks.. no 22" biceps.. no big ass home boy who runs your goon squad who has your back.. no karate..

words...

cosign.