Halp What should I charge to catch?

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,363
Buddy of mine is taking a small vacation, and wants me to handle any desktop/AD shit for his locations while he's gone. Avg calls is 'half a dozen', although I think he's trying to downplay it a bit.

basically, if I get a call, I have to remote in, fix something in AD, 'maybe' remote into a desktop. However, it has locations all over the place, including Kenya, so I'm technically on 24x7 call during all those days, including a sat & sun.

What would you charge?

I'm thinking $200 a day. Too much? Too Little?

Also you say he's a buddy. Why try and get the most money out of it you can? If you don't have to actually do anything why should he pay you $200/day?

If it was a guy you didn't even know then sure, rape his wallet, but a friend?

Buisiness is business, if he asked for a favor then I'd say sure, cut him a break, but it doesn't sound like he's asking for a favor, he's asking for coverage. Flat rate is sweet and easy and doesn't over complicate things. It's hard to do business with friends/family for just this reason, so doing things as simply as possible helps to prevent friction.

Yeah it works better for him, but if you get no calls at all what's he paying so much money for? Nothing in essence, just an idea that you might do something if needed.

it's called 'being on call'. You typically get paid for that.

And I'm not 100% as worried about what is best for them as I am what is best for me here.

Also you say he's a buddy. Why try and get the most money out of it you can? If you don't have to actually do anything why should he pay you $200/day?

If it was a guy you didn't even know then sure, rape his wallet, but a friend?

The company went from making 250k last year, to securing 16 million in business at the end of this fiscal year. They are flush in cash.

it's called 'being on call'. You typically get paid for that.

And I'm not 100% as worried about what is best for them as I am what is best for me here.

as someone who does shitloads of on call work, i get a 1/2 hour par for every 4 hours of on call. plus time and a half if i get called, with a 3 hour minimum.