Halp What should I charge to catch?

That's why it stuck out to me :lol:

Also that smiley is so totally the wrong graphic. I meant to put an ironic O face.

Interesting timing on this thread. The competition contacted me today to ask for the same thing, coverage in emergency situations for a week period of time in a month. I sort of know the guy who has his own IT consulting business, though I thought he was more focused on web site development & internet marketing instead of actual desktop support or network admin work. I've actually convinced my clients to switch away from his website hosting in the past couple of months, and get their domains from him and transfer to my domain registrar service :fly:

:lol:

So, he's asking me to do it for a $100 retainer, but $50 per half hour for calls.

Fucking piecework for 5 days of 24x7 oncall...

Yeah, not so much.

50 per half hour during normal business hours is fine if you can get him to increase the rate from 8pm-8am or something

edit: $100 retainer per day, right?

Last edited:
50 per half hour during normal business hours is fine if you can get him to increase the rate from 8pm-8am or something

edit: $100 retainer per day, right?

No, that's the funny part.

$100 retainer for me to be available 24x7, for five days including the weekend, total...

I suspected he was going to go ultra cheap. I did live with the guy for 2 years so I know his ways..

No, that's the funny part.

$100 retainer for me to be available 24x7, for five days including the weekend, total...

I suspected he was going to go ultra cheap. I did live with the guy for 2 years so I know his ways..

:lol: yeah no. 100 per day I'd understand but 100 bucks to be on call for nearly a week? lololololol