Ontopic What is it with football and animal abuse?

Eh, he brought up a good point so I replied. I don't know if Vick ever really felt bad or his efforts since are all just a publicity stunt. I hope it's the prior. Still doesn't change my opinion of the ridiculousness that is professional sports (and celebrities in general) and the crap we as a nation idolize.
Then he brought your religion into it out of the blue trying to set you of f

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
A person can do a lot of wrong in this world that is forgivable, but any time someone physically hurts another living creature intentionally - especially a defenseless creature be it an animal or a child or a retard like some of you, I don't carry forgiveness for that in my heart.
But some animals are good eatin'!

It's that those are the things that matter to people. All time and energy goes into following and emulating these people. And it's not just kids, adults are worse.
that's more of a statement on our society than the athletes themselves. you can't blame them that people idolize or envy them...they are just doing something people are willing to pay them very handsomely to do.

it's not their fault.

you need to look at the situation a bit differently.... The blame shouldn't be on the athlete.

that's more of a statement on our society than the athletes themselves. you can't blame them that people idolize or envy them...they are just doing something people are willing to pay them very handsomely to do.

it's not their fault.

you need to look at the situation a bit differently.... The blame shouldn't be on the athlete.
I wasn't ever blaming the athlete. I said it shows where our priorities as a society lay.

it is/was your statement of "the ridiculousness that is professional sports" that I'm trying to figure out

<70 IQ failing student gets faked through college on a full ride and subsequently made a celebrity millionaire 'cause they can trow de ball while the A student works hard, does legitimately well in their studies, aquires a skill that actually benefits society, and graduates $100,000 in debt. What's to figure out?

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and kiwi
Not even necessarily that hips everyone should do what they are good at. If someone's talents are playing ball, go for it. If its nuclear physics, go for that. We need physical fitness and activity for our health and sports provide that. It's more the amount of money we spend on things that don't really benefit society and then complain that there isn't enough for what matters. If as much money was invested into education or feeding the starving as we dumped into sports (and I mean by the private person, not through government programs) we wouldn't have those problems. However that won't happen cause sports and celebrities are priorities and the others we just want someone else to fix.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
There are fairly average to bright people who can recite volumes of sports stats while having no knowledge of what dark matter is or the significance of Schrodengers Cat.
1st world humanity definitely mixes up priorities.

Go ahead & tell me what my priorities should be. I can't wait to hear this.

Not even necessarily that hips everyone should do what they are good at. If someone's talents are playing ball, go for it. If its nuclear physics, go for that. We need physical fitness and activity for our health and sports provide that. It's more the amount of money we spend on things that don't really benefit society and then complain that there isn't enough for what matters. If as much money was invested into education or feeding the starving as we dumped into sports (and I mean by the private person, not through government programs) we wouldn't have those problems. However that won't happen cause sports and celebrities are priorities and the others we just want someone else to fix.

Right. If you were offered 10 million to play football you'd be a fool to turn it down. It's the worship thing that gets me. It's not like the kids are idolizing nuclear physicists, they couldn't even name one, but they can tell you in precise detail how many touchdowns somebody made last year.

Right. If you were offered 10 million to play football you'd be a fool to turn it down. It's the worship thing that gets me. It's not like the kids are idolizing nuclear physicists, they couldn't even name one, but they can tell you in precise detail how many touchdowns somebody made last year.
STEPHEN HAWKING

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD