What about your country/state/town do you like most?

- ocean smells bad
- ruins everything around it with increased weathering
- influx of assholes once a year
- an unavoidable challenge when you're drunk
- smells bad x2

the ocean where you are probably never gets above 65f which is a different story

My town has allows open containers of alcohol in the downtown area which leads to people drinking everywhere during holidays especially St. Pats Day. It's by the ocean so I can drive to the beach in 15 to 20 minutes depending on traffic. Lots of marsh and areas by the water which is pretty.

Is it not a large body of water? Does it not have a coast line? Are there not tides and waves? Keep in mind supertankers can navigate through our piddly body of water. Of course they are just skimming over syringes and oil slicks...

so not the same...even a decent lake is hands down better than that

the ocean where you are probably never gets above 65f which is a different story

forgive me if im wrong, but wouldn't that be the same ocean you're almost touching?

the closer people live to the pacific, the more assholish they are. great world observation.

so not the same...even a decent lake is hands down better than that

Every year people are banned from swimming in Lake Michigan because of health risks.

We have sandy beaches and waves and stuff, and when you're on the edge of the lake, you can't see anything but water in the horizon.

It smells bad, really bad.

- ocean smells bad
- ruins everything around it with increased weathering
- influx of assholes once a year
- an unavoidable challenge when you're drunk
- smells bad x2

You can't compare your body of water to the water we have down here. I don't always like the water here but the further south you go the better it gets.

forgive me if im wrong, but wouldn't that be the same ocean you're almost touching?

the closer people live to the pacific, the more assholish they are. great world observation.

Except Georgia is closer to the Atlantic ;)

Every year people are banned from swimming in Lake Michigan because of health risks.

We have sandy beaches and waves and stuff, and when you're on the edge of the lake, you can't see anything but water in the horizon.

Why does it smell bad? Rubbish?

about 8000 miles closer to the equator...water is much warmer...your summer time temp is the winter time temp for the ocean in the SE USA

Except Georgia is closer to the Atlantic ;)

That was kind of my point as I live in Ireland.

I was pointing out that if he chose Atlanta be closer to the pacific, that he would be a bigger dick. And since waw is East Coast Style he will agree.

Why does it smell bad? Rubbish?

Pollution. It's heavily polluted, there are industrial zones right on the edge of the lake and they dump all kinds of stuff in there. It kinda makes you go Hmmmm too because thats where the public water supply comes from too.

You can also walk along a shore and find crack pipes, needles, dirty condoms and all kinds of fun stuff. Very family friendly

again, ocean>a decent(note decent) lake> the rest

I can put my feet in the Atlantic within 20 minutes if I felt like it so I'm even less an asshole than w_a_w. But he'll still have a better lunch than me. ;)

If you can't get some action on a date by walking on the beach on a moonlit night then there is something wrong with you.

Last edited:
about 8000 miles closer to the equator...water is much warmer...your summer time temp is the winter time temp for the ocean in the SE USA

i can imagine you just standing in the water with one of those hard-hats with the beer cans on the side, just staring at the women on the shore

again, ocean>a decent(note decent) lake> the rest

:lol: You wont' hear me argue that, I love the ocean... however, the ocean down in Puerto Vallarta is fucking dirty and smelly.

I like clean blue ocean, not dirty brown ocean.