What about your country/state/town do you like most?

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,422
In England at the moment we seem to have a problem with "identity" because the country is so multicultural nowadays so I thought I'd list a few things that I love nationally and locally about where I live.

1. I love Snooker, it's a brilliant sport, you can fall asleep for 2 hours and still feel part of the game. Plus there always seems to be one hot guy playing and his opponent is always fat and not too good looking, so you always know who you want to win.

2. I love cueing. I love the English way of cueing, we line up and waste loads of time because we're so inefficient and put on a show of acting pleasant and as if we're not annoyed. I particularly enjoy watching people get het up in cues, it makes me feel like I'm a better Brit simply because I'm calmer than them.

3. I love English scandals, where reporters from the BBC are exposed as snorting cocaine off hookers asses and we all act shocked but really wish we were them. And they get back on TV the next day anyway.

4. I love the truth in the assumption that no buses will turn up for ages, then 2 will come at once. It's amazing how often this happens and even if I'm late for something I smile to myeslf when I see 2 buses together.

5. Locally I love how Nottingham boasts loads of things, but we all know they're not true. We're famous for Robin Hood, yet I think we're 99% sure he wasn't from here. We boast the oldest pub, but I doubt it is, it's just nice to have something to tell tourists.

6. I love our local weatherman. He makes the weather worth watching. He's very middle class but just to liven up the whole weather thing he virtually body pops while showing you where the wind is coming from. He's really animated and it makes me smile.

des203x152.jpg

That's the weather man. :cool:

Anyway, what's so good about where you are?

Honestly, there is not one thing I like at any level with my situation and am applying for positions outside of my country. I would go into detail, but I don't want to bring down your high :heart:

Honestly, there is not one thing I like at any level with my situation and am applying for positions outside of my country. I would go into detail, but I don't want to bring down your high :heart:

I'm not feeling high, just positive. You should move to somewhere in Europe like Germany or Holland. Holland is very friendly and my partner knows a lot of Americans who have lived there for years and would never go back to the states. Plus they speak English.

:heart: to you.

Well, my hometown is the birthplace of the Beano and the Dandy. Thats what I'm most proud of about my hometown, as there is nothing else to be proud of about it!

I've read some Irvine Welsh, does that mean I should understand this?

I personally like "ye git a hed like a bust cooch"

I have friends from Edinburgh who say that everyone not from Edinburgh is an uncouth islander.

I forget where Paisley is, near Kilmarnock though. Is this the same guy who constantly posted in the GenMay game forum and wore glasses? His name escapes me.

I have friends from Edinburgh who say that everyone not from Edinburgh is an uncouth islander.

I forget where Paisley is, near Kilmarnock though. Is this the same guy who constantly posted in the GenMay game forum and wore glasses? His name escapes me.

I think his name was Jon, but I'm not sure. I definitely can't remember his [M] name but yeah that was him. Paisley is right next to Glasgow.