well, aren't WE exciting today.

I clogged up my kitchen sink (in the crosspipe going from the disposal to the rest of the pipes) yesterday so I can't use that sink till Kyle gets home and gets the pipe free so I can clear it. I'm also about to make snacks.
let me know if he'll be gone for a while, i'm available to clean out your pipes.

I learned today Best Buy is the only store in town selling 120mm case fans, as I needed one today and couldn't wait to order it for a customer's fileserver. The previous fan's bearings seized up as far as I could tell. I tried to find those 120mm fans at two Staples (yes this city of 30k has two of them for some retarded reason), Circuit City, and Ratshack.

Oh and I bought the last couple tools I needed for my 2nd job I'll be starting tomorrow, doing residential DSL installs for an ISP here in the state. Tools being a lineman's butt set (yeah, funny jokes go here), 3/8" nutdriver (more funny jokes here), and some other telephone stuff. I will be making a flat fee for each install I do: $50 for 30mins labor (whether customer is there or I have to leave), $75 for an hour, $100 over that. $100 flat if I have to drive over an hour to the customer's location. No mileage, but my area should be less than 15mi to and back from the customer's house/apt. I might even get badged by Verizon so I can enter their COs, w00t. I got a tour of one earlier this week.

Last edited:
Wired goes in cycles of great writing to blah.

Hawk let us know how the Installer job works out.

Today I'm planning to do some work. I might as well since I'm here anyways. Just do some visio drawings of 150 network closets and redo the dorm virus system. Dirty little buggers. While doing that I'm going to encode some classic 80s cartoons for my sons mixmax. He loves them.

i had a top-notch conference with spangelet's teacher this morning that left me so proud i was weepy all day. i love my family.

Went to the Lightning game last night, they lost horribly... 8 to 3 when I left but it was good times so I am not complaining. We sat in lower level with my bosses wife and kids, had a really good time.

Today is just kinda slow cause I am a little hungover. Less then 40 minutes left and then trying to find a ride home, truck just got out of the shop but its down by my house. The place here locally wanted 560 for front breaks, BLAH! ended up getting it done for 220 so thats good

thats about it

Went to the Lightning game last night, they lost horribly... 8 to 3 when I left but it was good times so I am not complaining. We sat in lower level with my bosses wife and kids, had a really good time.

Today is just kinda slow cause I am a little hungover. Less then 40 minutes left and then trying to find a ride home, truck just got out of the shop but its down by my house. The place here locally wanted 560 for front breaks, BLAH! ended up getting it done for 220 so thats good

thats about it

I watched that game last night on TV and loved how my Senators whupped them. 7 points for Alfredsson is unbelievable.

I'm very much looking forward to dropping the boy off at my parents tomorrow for the night, then having a nice dinner and some wine with the wife.

Last edited:
I watched that game last night on TV and loved how my Senators whupped them. 7 points for Alfredsson is unbelievable.

It is weird that the worst team in the league lost to the best team in the league :p

And wait, didnt the worst team in the league shut the best team in the league out last week??? :p:p:p:p:p:p

At least we scored last night :D

I joined the rest of the world today and got a real cellphone, a Blackberry 8130. Kinda neat. The phone actually sounds darn good too, so it isn't just a glorified PDA with crappy phone use. I've got 30 days to test it out, if I don't like it, I can return it and either get a different phone or just cancel service all the way around.