Was that the bottom?

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
In this thread we'll make wild ass guesses and engage in uneducated speculation on whether the most recent trough was the bottom of the market.

How about Tuesday, March 3rd? Anyone think that was the bottom?

I'm going to guess yes. I don't think the dow jones industrial average will close below 6726.02 again this year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/03/AR2009030301144.html?hpid=topnews

just look: it's already turning around! yay! the recession is over!

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=...=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=on;source=undefined

They will still go lower because what real changes have taken place? They are still throwing money into a broken machine and everyone that skim off some money and run are still doing it.

Wait'll that nuke takes out Atlanta. The markets will plummet that day.

By the way, Chris, make sure you leave Atlanta no later than March 12th.

Markets are gonna drop to 5k kids. Thats the sad truth. Our entire economy is based on 1 thing, belief and confidence. Until those come back, no one is going to believe our economic institutions are worth a shit, and they will continue to hoarde.

If you're aliens and you want to slow down the growth of a war like people you discover on another world but didn't want their planet to realize there was aliens for fear that it would unite them, wouldn't something like causing a massive solar storm be the way to go?

If you're aliens and you want to slow down the growth of a war like people you discover on another world but didn't want their planet to realize there was aliens for fear that it would unite them, wouldn't something like causing a massive solar storm be the way to go?

OMG PARANOIA!!!

picture.php

Markets are gonna drop to 5k kids. Thats the sad truth. Our entire economy is based on 1 thing, belief and confidence. Until those come back, no one is going to believe our economic institutions are worth a shit, and they will continue to hoarde.
i have belief. confidence i'm not 100% on quite yet.

so your vote is 5k? you mean <6k, or <=5k.

I'm going with between 5k and 5200 as being the bottom. Ask april about how well I predict numbers at the punching machine. lol.

If our market was built on confidence, China would have stopped buying a long time ago.
it's built on gut reactions and drunken speculation. pretty soon the people saying "god DAMN that is a bargain!" will begin to be listened to. I think by summer we'll all be buying third houses and hummers again.