Was that the bottom?

Well, you don't have to pay capital gains taxes on it, which is still an advantage. BTW, hows that AMT workin out for ya Richie Rich? :p

So no IRAs??? :dont:

nope, no IRAs...I figured 15% of my salary was already pretty sufficient

i'm only putting away 10% of my take-home at the moment. it's going into savings because i'm trying to build up my emergency fund now that my loans are all paid. once i get that up to about six months i'll start looking at retirement savings.

nope, no IRAs...I figured 15% of my salary was already pretty sufficient

Generally, anything above your company match should go into an IRA (Roth or traditional, depending on your current salary). After you've maxed that out, THEN go back and max your 401k. But that's assuming you really care. :p

Generally, anything above your company match should go into an IRA (Roth or traditional, depending on your current salary). After you've maxed that out, THEN go back and max your 401k. But that's assuming you really care. :p
my company doesn't have a 401k. should i just get an IRA?

bah.

Since sinking to their lowest levels in 12 years in early March, the market has galloped higher for the last two weeks as investors seized on glints of less-than-terrible economic and corporate news. And as Monday’s rally extended those gains, some analysts were even daring to utter the B-word.

“This is the bottom,” said James W. Paulsen, chief investment strategist at Wells Capital Management.

for the record, I was wrong with my initial post, but the bottom came mere days and only a couple hundred points later. *knocks on wood*

Last edited: