War On Drugs

Best of all, weed? Why in the heck is that illegal? It is more of a danger to society illegal than it is legal.

Do you mean rugs as in toupees, or as in things that go on the floor?

Toupees really aren't a danger to anyone but their users. In fact, I wasn't aware there was a "war" on them at all.

Carpets, however, can harbor dangerous fungi and spread lung disease. I'm surprised that the CDC hasn't done anything more drastic.

I totally agree with April. Law enforcement agencies, prison system, courts, and against drug organizations find they make more profit with their "war" on drugs then focusing on treatment and social programs teaching prevention. It's so stupid it makes me want to get high thinking about it.

The war on drugs is a money making scheme for the government.
The government doesnt need to make money, they can just raise taxes. Technically it's a huge waste of police resources, court time, and prison space. Only people profiting are the ones dealing in it illegally.

They would make more money if they taxed it. Like alcohol.

Do you mean rugs as in toupees, or as in things that go on the floor?

Toupees really aren't a danger to anyone but their users. In fact, I wasn't aware there was a "war" on them at all.

Carpets, however, can harbor dangerous fungi and spread lung disease. I'm surprised that the CDC hasn't done anything more drastic.

I dunno, Ive seen some toupees that are bad enough it should be criminal to own them.

Rugs on the floor can be a trip hazard. They should have railings around them.

I dunno, Ive seen some toupees that are bad enough it should be criminal to own them.

Rugs on the floor can be a trip hazard. They should have railings around them.

And some oriental rugs can be even tackier than bad toupees. You're right. I'm starting to see the sense behind this war on rugs.

I do find it hypocritical that certain prescription drugs are pushed heavily through TV wide possible fatal side effects, and at the same time they are telling you how harmful weed is..

Prescription drugs can be much worse than some drugs if used responsibly.

/broad generalization.

Plus I remember the scare tactics growing up that the media/teachers/parents/LEOs use. I remember being told if I use drugs I will instantly become homeless. We should arm the public with knowledge, not scare tactics that are blatant lies.

I don't believe the government has ever seriously prosecuted a war on drugs. There is too much money to be made. States and local police departments are allowed to keep a portion of assets captured from drug dealers, and are dependant on it. I think it is curious that treatment is not a part of it.
I also believe the CIA etc use the drug trade to finance programs they don't want government oversight on.
Some states have passed laws restricting the sales of pseudoephedrine as a way to combat meth production, and have made mexican drug cartels extermely wealthy while not putting a dent in the production. They have turned meth from a small scale venture into a huge money making drug.

Prescription drugs can be much worse than some drugs if used responsibly.

/broad generalization.

Plus I remember the scare tactics growing up that the media/teachers/parents/LEOs use. I remember being told if I use drugs I will instantly become homeless. We should arm the public with knowledge, not scare tactics that are blatant lies.

Like if you masturbate too much, you go blind?

Totally not true.. I know, I tried..

The government doesnt need to make money, they can just raise taxes.

That's a pretty nearsighted statement. One of them makes you more popular (at least among a majority of voters), the other one makes you less popular (among a majority of voters). Let's see...which one should I choose...hmm...there's an election coming up...uhhh...do I want to be popular before an election...