War On Drugs

Some states have passed laws restricting the sales of pseudoephedrine as a way to combat meth production

Pretty sure that's federal now, which is uber gay. So instead of PE, I get some other crap that doesn't work as well, and the meth makers simply buy it from the internet. WAY TO GO CHUCK!

That was 30-40 years ago and it seems to have only gotten worse.
Depends on the state I suppose but I know for a fact that sentencing has been loosened in NY since the 70s.

Hippy backlash lasted well into the '90s. You had the 1994 Crime Act, which banned a lot of guns because the same people who banned drugs thought it would help.

You cant legislate a better society. Binge drinking is still a major issue, can you imagine some of the fallout from drug legalization. Most people dont/cant/wont learn.

Yep.

It's about control and job creation.
Very cynical :p I bet that over 100 years of cultured prohibition contribute more to it than any underhanded desire for money. They banned alcohol once too and in some places PEOPLE STILL THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA.

That's a pretty nearsighted statement. One of them makes you more popular (at least among a majority of voters), the other one makes you less popular (among a majority of voters). Let's see...which one should I choose...hmm...there's an election coming up...uhhh...do I want to be popular before an election...
You arent going to get far nationally with a platform for drug legalization. Most people who vote are old, and prohibition is still very ingrained.

Pretty sure that's federal now, which is uber gay. So instead of PE, I get some other crap that doesn't work as well, and the meth makers simply buy it from the internet. WAY TO GO CHUCK!

21 U.S.C. § 802

It was completely bipartisan. :lol:

I have a recipe at home for making meth that I've used effectively a few times in college. For scientific purposes. But it required pseudophedrine which is a bitch to get hold of in the quantities needed even to make a small batch.

I have a recipe at home for making meth that I've used effectively a few times in college. For scientific purposes. But it required pseudophedrine which is a bitch to get hold of in the quantities needed even to make a small batch.
Amphetamine or Ephedrine + phosphorus + iodine or something. I cant remember but Im not playing with red phosphorus.

It used muriatic acid, brake fluid, and some other household chemicals besides the pseudophedrine. The stuff was decent but burned liked all hell if snorted.

I doubted it would work but a stoner friend bankrolled the first batch and after being up 36 hours I agreed with him that it was a good idea overall.

That was back in the good days when you could buy home ghb kits online.

Last edited: