Wall update

Does anyone have any good tips for keeping a lawn green besides using spray paint?

I cannot seem to manage a green lawn. It is bahia mixed with st. agustine and weeds. HELP!!!

that big open space to the right?
Yeah thats more than just popping in a prehung door.
Thats gonna take some framing & sheetrock work.
What about the space above? Is that all open to the bathroom too?

Yes
I figured.
That's what we're told.
Yes, there is a bit of 'ceiling' there as you go through the hole.

Some architectual genius designed this. I do have to say I love the plant shelves around the house. Gives the walls some depth...

http://picasaweb.google.com/april*****/OurNewHouse#5118673828623391250

(The area above the dark paint)

that big open space to the right?
Yeah thats more than just popping in a prehung door.
Thats gonna take some framing & sheetrock work.
What about the space above? Is that all open to the bathroom too?

That's what I already said you ninny. And yes, I've got to close in that top section too.

edit: Added pic
picture.php

Water regularly + weed & feed twice a year

fertilize it, you tard

I've done this... plus had Scott's Lawn come out and try to take care of it.

I had to term them since it killed off everything that was green in the lawn (90% weeds) and our H.O.A. was sending us nasty letters about it. :(

I've also seeded two areas to see if that would help and it only did very little. :(

I've done this... plus had Scott's Lawn come out and try to take care of it.

I had to term them since it killed off everything that was green in the lawn (90% weeds) and our H.O.A. was sending us nasty letters about it. :(

I've also seeded two areas to see if that would help and it only did very little. :(

Do you manually water it? Or do you have an installed sprinker.

People who manually water do so during the day, and this is the worst time to water your grass. Basically you are just buring it up, strange as it may seem.

Only water when the sun is down.

best time to water is before sunrise in the morning, though i usually end up doing it right at dusk. water droplets sitting o ngrass during daylight act like magnifying glasses and burn the grass. also the evaporation when the sun is up means you waste water, and can further damage the grass (because evaporation is endothermic)

as for the high shelf areas: that just screams dust collector to me. since i'm terrible at house cleaning i personally would avoid anything like that in a place i own.

as for the transition from bathroom to master bedroom: it would be cool to install frosted glass above the wall to the ceiling so you still get light transference, but don't have clear glass that would need cleaning.

the doorway involves removing the sheetrock on the inside of the jamb, installing framing to get the opening to the right size for a prehung door, installing door, then sheetrocking, tape and bed, texture paint and trim.

hire a contractor. especially if you're installing the glass above to close in the bathroom. just make sure you have a window that opens within the bathroom and a vent fan.

Last edited:
as for the high shelf areas: that just screams dust collector to me. since i'm terrible at house cleaning i personally would avoid anything like that in a place i own.

Oh its dusty up there, but you can't see it - so its like it didn't happen!

as for the transition from bathroom to master bedroom: it would be cool to install frosted glass above the wall to the ceiling so you still get light transference, but don't have clear glass that would need cleaning.

Good idea!

the doorway involves removing the sheetrock on the inside of the jamb, installing framing to get the opening to the right size for a prehung door, installing door, then sheetrocking, tape and bed, texture paint and trim.

hire a contractor. especially if you're installing the glass above to close in the bathroom. just make sure you have a window that opens within the bathroom and a vent fan.

FWIW, the opening is already the correct (width) dimension for a standard door, so I think its really just removing the sheetrock. I would need someone to mud, tape, and texture it though. You think its above a first time DIY'er? What do you think something like that would cost?

FWIW, the opening is already the correct (width) dimension for a standard door, so I think its really just removing the sheetrock. I would need someone to mud, tape, and texture it though. You think its above a first time DIY'er? What do you think something like that would cost?

I can show you how to do it.

Do you manually water it? Or do you have an installed sprinker.

People who manually water do so during the day, and this is the worst time to water your grass. Basically you are just buring it up, strange as it may seem.

Only water when the sun is down.

I only water at dusk and do not have a sprinkler system. If I had direction on installing one myself, I would try. :)

I have researched online and have not found a system I am confident about. :hs: