Wall update

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥70,194
So rather than bump the old ass thread about the wall in my office that I ripped out I figured I'd just make a new one since it's almost done.

Here's the original view:

picture.php

picture.php

Here's after the wall was ripped out:

picture.php

And here's with the new drywall up, mudded, and taped:

picture.php

picture.php

I've added several outlets including double duplex outlets on either side. Also, I've relocated the voice/data/CATV lines from the wall that was ripped out, into the new area. 12 Data, 2 Voice, ad two CATV. There was also one voice/data/CATV jack in the closet that stayed where it was. There's also a hookup for the Sirius radio antenna in there, I've got a Sirius antenna outside for good reception.

I'm not either... how are you making it so smooth? Just did a great job putting up the dry wall in the first place?

Nope, the contractor did the drywall and framing. Just the framing alone behind it is beyond my expertise as it's kinda complicated given all the angles.

But yeah, they did a great job with the drywall and mudding. It looks fantastic. The room looks freakin huge now.

Gonna need two coats of paint or a primer. The mud will show through if you only put one coat on.

Gonna need two coats of paint or a primer. The mud will show through if you only put one coat on.

Yep. I've got a gallon of primer and a gallon of interior latex white wall paint.

I'll do one coat of each. Possibly two on the regular paint depending on how the first coat looks after drying.

I picked up the gallon of "Alaskan Huskey" grey at the paint store yesterday for the final coat.

Yep. I've got a gallon of primer and a gallon of interior latex white wall paint.

I'll do one coat of each. Possibly two on the regular paint depending on how the first coat looks after drying.

I picked up the gallon of "Alaskan Huskey" grey at the paint store yesterday for the final coat.

You can get your primer tinted to the same color as the paint. might not have to do two coats of paint that way.

The paint I got was $42 for the gallon. It's good stuff.

I painted several of the guy who owns Summit Racing's houses last year. Obviously price was no object so I was using a life time guarantee paint that was ridiculously expensive. The stuff was thick like sour cream. Great stuff those.

He spent almost a grand on some special metallic paint to get some beams in his carriage house the same color as conduit. It was fun.

here I thought this thread was an update to your Facebook Wall. :fly:

looks good. I hate shed dormers though. I always manage to smash my head on the wall/ceiling. I'd have to make the walls outta that concrete sheetrock to keep from punching holes in it.