Ontopic Wall Street protest[s]...things

It's propagandized stupidity. If you work hard where there is no market and therefore no money, then you will make no money. Which is why people typically flock to cities when they want to make a buck, as they have for thousands of years.

Women hauling tree branches in the wilds of Africa will never get rich? You don't say.

Next he'll tell me I can fly airplanes all day long and still never get to the moon.

It's a statement that 10-year old me would reject, because it's what I had been told growing up. Work hard and you are rewarded.

I believe that there is no correlation between labor intensity and compensation. Calling the poor lazy and the wealthy hard workers can only be done by handpicking.

It's a statement that 10-year old me would reject, because it's what I had been told growing up. Work hard and you are rewarded.

I believe that there is no correlation between labor intensity and compensation. Calling the poor lazy and the wealthy hard workers can only be done by handpicking.

It depends on where you work hard, and at what. Isn't that common sense? Work hard as a dish washer at Denny's with no further goal than that and you will always be a dishwasher at Denny's. Work hard as a dishwasher at Dennys and take the money you earn to further your education and pursue greater opportunities elsewhere and you have an exponentially higher chance of achieving success than someone who doesn't.

What percentage of poor Americans never finished high school and went to college, or never finished high school and went into a useful vocational training course? I know some uneducated blue collar workers who make $45/hr. as boilermakers or electricians.

And I know some uneducated blue collar workers who have motivational issues and don't pursue contracts, too. Not surprisingly they also bitch about never having money.

It depends on where you work hard, and at what. Isn't that common sense? Work hard as a dish washer at Denny's with no further goal than that and you will always be a dishwasher at Denny's. Work hard as a dishwasher at Dennys and take the money you earn to further your education and pursue greater opportunities elsewhere and you have an exponentially higher chance of achieving success than someone who doesn't.

What percentage of poor Americans never finished high school and went to college, or never finished high school and went into a useful vocational training course? I know some uneducated blue collar workers who make $45/hr. as boilermakers or electricians.

And I know some uneducated blue collar workers who have motivational issues and don't pursue contracts, too.
Not surprisingly they also bitch about never having money.

That's what I said, yo.

Sometimes I wish I had the chance to beat you up on the tile so you could lose a chunk of hair.

Bitch had it coming. Don't go to bat with the big dogs if your hindsight isn't 20/20.

I'm paraphrasing here; that might be a mixed cliche.

and saying it's the result of luck is just as fallacious

You make money BY BEING GOOD AT MAKING MONEY.

You don't 'work hard' at some random task and expect to benefit from from it, you have TO BE GOOD AT IT before you can benefit from it. I'll quote myself again for emphasis:
Getting laid also isn't the inevitable result of talking to women.

and saying it's the result of luck is just as fallacious

You make money BY BEING GOOD AT MAKING MONEY.

You don't 'work hard' at some random task and expect to benefit from from it, you have TO BE GOOD AT IT before you can benefit from it. I'll quote myself again for emphasis:

I'll reiterate for you.

"I believe that there is no correlation between labor intensity and compensation."

Do you know would happen if I went to protest with the few Occupy protest people here in town? My house would be robbed by the damn unemployed people in my neighborhood that don't actually want to work but like to bitch about not being rich.

I'm glad that the protest are showing people that things are headed faster and faster in the wrong direction but I have my doubts about them having any long term effect. A lot of people are rich by screwing over everyone else and I just don't think they are going to have a Scrooge type of awaking while watching a wanna be flower child getting curb stomped by another asshole.

Not anymore. Now the ass kissing person that leaped frogged over you to get the management job gets the praise and reward for all your hard work and skill by saying they told you what to do and motivated you to do it.