Update: Terri Shaivo is DEAD! (*I'm not dead yet)

Let her:

• live

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • die

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
April23 said:
That doesn't sound familiar, I don't watch a lot of televison. Unless they play that on Discovery channel or something along those lines then mebbe so.

wtf are you serious? Movie. About undersea lab. Sea aliens? rock?

zengirl said:
It's a movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096754/

In the movie, two of the characters are stranded under deep water with only 1 breathing aparatus. Since the water is near freezing, the girl intentionally drowns and the guy floats her back to the underwater "base" where he revives her. They say something to the effect that since the water is so cold, she can go like 10 minutes and still be brought back without brain damage.

They showed her boobies.

zengirl said:

In the movie, two of the characters are stranded under deep water with only 1 breathing aparatus. Since the water is near freezing, the girl intentionally drowns and the guy floats her back to the underwater "base" where he revives her. They say something to the effect that since the water is so cold, she can go like 10 minutes and still be brought back without brain damage.
Yep, people have lasted longer than that too

Also, the "breathable liquid" used in the movie, does exist. That scene with the mouse actually happened.

It's just not practical for diving applications (that we know of, there's probably some classified data on it)

ChikkenNoodul said:

Also, the "breathable liquid" used in the movie, does exist. That scene with the mouse actually happened.

It's just not practical for diving applications (that we know of, there's probably some classified data on it)
Except the liquid causes lung infections. oops

ChikkenNoodul said:

I've always wondered about that whole breathing water thing, more specifically the part where they're like, "You spend 9 months in the womb breathing water" because of all of the documentaries I've seen on fetal development, many have mentioned fetuses gulping amniotic fluid, but none have said anything about breathing it... since the lungs are the last organs to develop wouldn't it stand to reason that fluid wouldn't enter the lungs in the womb?

zengirl said:

Theres been cases of people surviveing longer. I saw on the National Geographic Channel a few weeks ago cases of a girl surviveing 45 minutes. She had to learn how to walk and basic skill again but overall she was fine. She finished the next year 3rd in her class for grades.

Ryokurin said:
Theres been cases of people surviveing longer. I saw on the National Geographic Channel a few weeks ago cases of a girl surviveing 45 minutes. She had to learn how to walk and basic skill again but overall she was fine. She finished the next year 3rd in her class for grades.

yeah, but she lived in minnesota. an ethiopian with 1.5 legs, three fingers and 13% of their frontal lobe could beat her in a sack race, score higher on their SATs and finish third in her class while heavily sedated with terri shiavo dancing nekkid as their only memory.

thrawn said:
yeah, but she lived in minnesota. an ethiopian with 1.5 legs, three fingers and 13% of their frontal lobe could beat her in a sack race, score higher on their SATs and finish third in her class while heavily sedated with terri shiavo dancing nekkid as their only memory.
:lol::lol::lol:

There's seriously nothing funnier than ragging on Minnesota

zengirl said:
I've always wondered about that whole breathing water thing, more specifically the part where they're like, "You spend 9 months in the womb breathing water" because of all of the documentaries I've seen on fetal development, many have mentioned fetuses gulping amniotic fluid, but none have said anything about breathing it... since the lungs are the last organs to develop wouldn't it stand to reason that fluid wouldn't enter the lungs in the womb?
I dunno about babies breathing liquid in the womb, but I do know that partial-liquid ventilation is used on premature babies with underdeveloped lungs until they can be weaned off of it to pure gas ventilation.

thrawn said:

Minnesota > *

14 years as a vegitable is 14 years too long. don't starve it (yes, IT... no longer a person) just OD it on morphine