Update: Terri Shaivo is DEAD! (*I'm not dead yet)

Let her:

• live

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • die

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters
zengirl said:
Well yeah, nev brought up the religion thing.

So no one should be allowed to practice religion? Is that what you are saying?

Ryokurin said:
Then they should realize that God does not like shelfishness which is what this is in the end. Just because you see a smile when you enter the room dosnt mean that theres progress. its just like people who see pictures of satan in a turtle's shell, or similar its just your opinion. Just because you can afford to keep her there forever shouldn't prompt you to try.

Taken strictly I would assume that some people would view removing the feeding tube as suicide or murder. Others would view it as letting nature and/or god take their course.

smileynev said:
Taken strictly I would assume that some people would view removing the feeding tube as suicide or murder. Others would view it as letting nature and/or god take their course.
If it wasn't for modern medicene she would have been dead 15 years ago.

smileynev said:
So no one should be allowed to practice religion? Is that what you are saying?
No no no, not at all, I don't even know if I'm arguing with you per se. What I'm saying is if the family is basing their objection to the husband pulling the plug upon religious beliefs and they're Christian, then their objections are unfounded as the bible says 2 things... women belong to men upon marriage and men and women belong to each other and no other upon marriage (depending on interpretation). To say that pulling the plug is against their religious beliefs is one thing, but according to their religious beliefs, their opinions don't really matter anyway, so there is no issue. It's circular and contradictory, which is why government gets involved.

zengirl said:
No no no, not at all, I don't even know if I'm arguing with you per se. What I'm saying is if the family is basing their objection to the husband pulling the plug upon religious beliefs and they're Christian, then their objections are unfounded as the bible says 2 things... women belong to men upon marriage and men and women belong to each other and no other upon marriage (depending on interpretation). To say that pulling the plug is against their religious beliefs is one thing, but according to their religious beliefs, their opinions don't really matter anyway, so there is no issue. It's circular and contradictory, which is why government gets involved.

The government getting involved has nothing to do with their contradictory beliefs. It has to do with their unwillingness to let her go.

But you just pointed out the fact that they are using religion to further their own agenda, using certain parts of the bible while ignoring other parts. Much like most everyone else out there who further their own ambitions with less then pure religious fervor.

smileynev said:
The government getting involved has nothing to do with their contradictory beliefs. It has to do with their unwillingness to let her go.

But you just pointed out the fact that they are using religion to further their own agenda, using certain parts of the bible while ignoring other parts. Much like most everyone else out there who further their own ambitions with less then pure religious fervor.
;) I was taking a poke at politics by implying that the presence of a circular argument was prime fodder for politicians to argue and grandstand over.

zengirl said:
;) I was taking a poke at politics by implying that the presence of a circular argument was prime fodder for politicians to argue and grandstand over.

oh...:fly:

April23 said:
I read that she was Catholic and he didn't practice any kind of faith.
I'm sure everyone is bringing in religion as a last ditch effort to push their side. Religion always becomes so convenient in matters of life and death.