UFC Thread

Does anyone go to their local MMA events? I've been to a few here. There is a decent amount of things in Tampa. Miniflop is doing kids MMA.

Miniflop should be playing rugger, he'd make a good 2nd row lock

She does MMA, soccer, and dance. Rugger is really big in Tampa. There are alot of Krewes that play down in my neighborhood which isn't found much in FL.

Last edited:
i should have known this

irrespective - isn't rugby more popular among women there?

In areas of the US yes it is. Rugby is huge here for guys who refuse to grow up. I'm not sure about it over there but here it has a ton of asshole rituals.

In areas of the US yes it is. Rugby is huge here for guys who refuse to grow up. I'm not sure about it over there but here it has a ton of asshole rituals.

rugby is more of an enjoyable sport - no inflated salaries, hardly any ego, just a good sport you play in school and then after at univ... good way to have fun and meet people, and gets you nicely fit in the process..

physically, you suffer the consequences... im lucky i haven't, but my dad ruined his knee playing rugby when he was younger, hoping that doesn't finish me off..

our rituals might be growing long and shaggy hair, or dying it blonde.. that's about it really. i've done neither, mainly because i'd look like a cock

rugby is more of an enjoyable sport - no inflated salaries, hardly any ego, just a good sport you play in school and then after at univ... good way to have fun and meet people, and gets you nicely fit in the process..

physically, you suffer the consequences... im lucky i haven't, but my dad ruined his knee playing rugby when he was younger, hoping that doesn't finish me off..

our rituals might be growing long and shaggy hair, or dying it blonde.. that's about it really. i've done neither, mainly because i'd look like a cock

Here all the rituals are based on lots of booze (usually drinking from old boots), lots of nakedness, and a ton of singing. Most of the pubs here sponsor a krewe so most days you can find them after a match being total asses.

Here all the rituals are based on lots of booze (usually drinking from old boots), lots of nakedness, and a ton of singing. Most of the pubs here sponsor a krewe so most days you can find them after a match being total asses.

the word "krewe" is enough to suggest that to me...

No not really. Here they are mainly sweaty douche bag guys who are typical working in jobs of power (i.e Police or small time Manager).

yeah but that sounds like the type of guy who talks about BMW's

i have one friend who drives a BMW - he is the only person i know who doesn't fit the stereotype, everyone else almost certainly does... but maybe that's a euorpe thing

yeah but that sounds like the type of guy who talks about BMW's

i have one friend who drives a BMW - he is the only person i know who doesn't fit the stereotype, everyone else almost certainly does... but maybe that's a euorpe thing

I've learned it really depends on the location you live. I've lived in areas where know one drove anything like that so if you had one it was very expensive and you were most likely an ass. When I moved to Fl there are alot more of them here so their cost is alot less so more people drive them thus lowering the douche bag bar.

League > Union :D

But your right about paying the consequences.. I've got a bad knee, a bad groin, and a slipped disc in my back from many years of Rugby..