FYI UF Money Thread

stuff you buy on amazon
groceries
eating out
gas
dildo purchases
bribes to police officers
hospital bills for anal extractions

you know, unpredictable stuff thats not a bill thats the same every month.
I pay off my credit cards every month, so I still don't understand.

edit: 8 pages now. I'm not reading all this shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas and nukes
Yeah, I won't chase those schemes. One credit union, one investment bank, and one 401k administrator is enough bank in my life.

Good to know that's out there. Is there a limit to the balance they'll pay that interest on?
You can get higher than that. But at the end of the day, is it worth it? I mean, if I have $100k in checking, do I really care about the $100/mo it earns me?

You can get higher than that. But at the end of the day, is it worth it? I mean, if I have $100k in checking, do I really care about the $100/mo it earns me?
Exactly my point. Chasing that kind of shit is just noise in the graph. At the end of the day, I'm better off having the overage in an investment account, until this ZIRP nonsense ends.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
That sounds boring.

To me as well.

But I can see the value. If I knew how much I was spending on coffee every month I might change my habits to save a few bucks. But I don't want to change my habits and I'd rather eat the cost for the convenience of not thinking about it at all.

Just like some folks are willing to work the credit card reward system for the financial benefits but don't bother tracking everyday spending that might save them money. :p

To me as well.

But I can see the value. If I knew how much I was spending on coffee every month I might change my habits to save a few bucks. But I don't want to change my habits and I'd rather eat the cost for the convenience of not thinking about it at all.

Just like some folks are willing to work the credit card reward system for the financial benefits but don't bother tracking everyday spending that might save them money. :p
Those rewards greatly exceed my ability to find out how much I've spent on coffee. ;)

Fun fact: I've probably purchased about $250,000 in gift cards this year.

I pay off my credit cards every month, so I still don't understand.

edit: 8 pages now. I'm not reading all this shit.

overnight it got derailed, as all threads do with an argument about tipping.

Im saying your CC cant be completely predictable, like its exactly the same amount every month.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
in the middle ages, you all would be the people trying to barter your homemade clay figurines which are actually made of poop for the neighbors chickens, so you could barter eggs for sexual favors, which you could barter the city guards with for access to the castles larders.

here, if you use a debit card at a gas station (at the pump) you get the cash price!

That happens at rare gas stations here in Tampa. But the rules they all follow are so across the board you can't expect to find the same at every gas station.

It's a bleedin' mess and is as non-standard as fucking airline tickets.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel