FYI UF Money Thread

It's not a privilege, they're paying for a service.

What fucking planet do you live on?

Paying for what service? The service of getting charged to collect the value of an item?

What kinda jackass runs a card for a buck fifty nine anyways? That type of behavior should be shamed out of existence.

I think cash/credit pricing is also illegal. It is in Tallahassee at least. Buncha stations got buttfucked
I've seen some Shell stations with the sign flashing 2.45 credit/2.35 cash. I don't go there, I'm not going inside! And as if I have cash.

I never would have worked as a server/beer bartender (lol) if it had been straight salary. You can bank tips in the right restaurant.

The credit card companies charge those retailers for the "privilege" of running their cards. Every swipe. Signs in convenience stores saying minimum 3 or 5 dollar card purchase are commonplace here....for good reason.
If a store wants to use the convenience that credit cards provide their customers, then the logical, business minded thing to do is increase your prices on your products.

Why is this so difficult for business owners in small towns? It's like they never went to business school.

Paying for what service? The service of getting charged to collect the value of an item?

What kinda jackass runs a card for a buck fifty nine anyways? That type of behavior should be shamed out of existence.
I'm that jackass. It's convenient for everyone. You're just being old school about the topic and old school isn't always the right way to do things.

I've seen some Shell stations with the sign flashing 2.45 credit/2.35 cash. I don't go there, I'm not going inside! And as if I have cash.

I never would have worked as a server/beer bartender (lol) if it had been straight salary. You can bank tips in the right restaurant.
We do that too! It's a loophole because it's their credit card they want you to use.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I'm that jackass. It's convenient for everyone. You're just being old school about the topic and old school isn't always the right way to do things.

It's not convenient for anyone. You should have to wait in a separate line behind the indecisive senior citizen picking out scratchoffs.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
If a store wants to use the convenience that credit cards provide their customers, then the logical, business minded thing to do is increase your prices on your products.

Why is this so difficult for business owners in small towns? It's like they never went to business school.

Or they could just remind people to not be dicks and run a card for $1.59. Austin ain't exactly a small town.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
It's a loss leader. I run a credit card at 5% on a $3.50 minimum fare no tip I make no profit. But it maintains the customer base.
Is your credit card company through your company? Do you have the option to use a different processor? Square and Paypal Here are 2.9% plus $0.30 USD and you just run it on your phone.

Is your credit card company through your company? Do you have the option to use a different processor? Square and Paypal Here are 2.9% plus $0.30 USD and you just run it on your phone.
I have the option. I no longer exercise it fo good reason.
My customers like the hardwired Verifone system and it's friggin turbo authorization speed.
And if anything goes wrong it's on the company, zero liability on me.
Fuck I'm so burnt out. Forgot to set alarm last night and committed to a private customer.
I just ain't no good any mo.

• Gravy
Reactions: pacojas and APRIL

here, if you use a debit card at a gas station (at the pump) you get the cash price!